Who We Are:
NanoString Technologies (NASDAQ: NSTG) is a leading provider of life science tools for discovery and translational research. The company’s nCounter® Analysis System is used in life sciences research and has been cited in more than 3,800 peer-reviewed publications. The nCounter Analysis System offers a cost-effective way to easily profile the expression of hundreds of genes, proteins, miRNAs, or copy number variations, simultaneously with high sensitivity and precision, facilitating a wide variety of basic research and translational medicine applications. The company’s GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiler enables highly-multiplexed spatial profiling of RNA and protein targets in a variety of sample types, including FFPE tissue sections. Built on pioneering principles in 2003, NanoString is blazing new trails and exploring new frontiers to adapt to the everchanging landscape and becoming smarter and more innovative in the process. We are dedicated to advancing scientific discovery and providing solutions that can have a meaningful impact in research and discovery.
Our purpose is to Map the Universe of Biology. We enable scientists to answer questions they have always wanted to ask to explore the boundaries of cellular structures and create an atlas of biological interactions that define life. We are relentless in our quest to Catalyze the Next Biological Revolution leading to Advancing the Human Condition. In addition to a pioneering spirit, we value: Grit. Authenticity. Ambition. Ingenuity. Customers. Join our team!
The Research Associate II is primarily responsible for project-based work associated with product transfer activities from R&D to Manufacturing and Supply Chain. This position will also support sustaining and process improvement projects in Operations (this includes Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and other teams as required). Daily tasks for this role consist of writing, editing, and reviewing test methods and operating procedures, performing experiments, conducting trainings, assisting with calculator validation, and executing various studies. To succeed as a Research Associate II in New Product Introduction (NPI) team, applicants must have strong technical writing skills and possess high proficiency with data analysis. This individual should be collaborative, organized, thorough, and willing to comply with all quality and safety standards
- Support transfer of products and processes from R&D to Manufacturing and Supply Chain.
- Author and/or revise Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Forms (FRMs), Specifications (SPCs), and other documents.
- Train Manufacturing and Supply Chain team members on new products and processes.
- Assist with calculator design in Excel and verify and validate calculators as needed.
- Perform Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) on processes and products, analyze data and recommend improvements.
- Collaborate with impacted Manufacturing teams and, using a risk-based approach, define activities required to realize assigned sustaining projects.
- Write and review experimental plans, protocols, and technical reports.
- Design, execute, and troubleshoot experiments with manager support.
- Collaborate with other department members to conduct experiments and record findings.
- Prepare quality documentation with minimal guidance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements (Education, Experience, Specific Skills):
- Bachelor's degree in a life science field.
- 2-4 years of bench experience with molecular biology techniques required, preferably with at least 1 year in a GMP Manufacturing setting.
- Strong understanding of scientific concepts and biological processes.
- Excellent problem solving, verbal and written communication, resource management and computer skills.
- Good background on data management programming languages such as Python, R, or C/C++ is highly desirable.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail, especially when multitasking.
- Ability to meet defined deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently and within cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with EQMS system.
- Knowledge of ISO-13485, ISO-14971 and/or QSR 21 CFR 820 is highly desirable.
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions please contact email@example.com.