Who We Are:
NanoString Technologies (NASDAQ: NSTG) is a leading provider of life science tools for discovery and translational research. The company’s nCounter® Analysis System is used in life sciences research and has been cited in more than 3,800 peer-reviewed publications. The nCounter Analysis System offers a cost-effective way to easily profile the expression of hundreds of genes, proteins, miRNAs, or copy number variations, simultaneously with high sensitivity and precision, facilitating a wide variety of basic research and translational medicine applications. The company’s GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiler enables highly-multiplexed spatial profiling of RNA and protein targets in a variety of sample types, including FFPE tissue sections. Built on pioneering principles in 2003, NanoString is blazing new trails and exploring new frontiers to adapt to the everchanging landscape and becoming smarter and more innovative in the process. We are dedicated to advancing scientific discovery and providing solutions that can have a meaningful impact in research and discovery.
Our purpose is to Map the Universe of Biology. We enable scientists to answer questions they have always wanted to ask to explore the boundaries of cellular structures and create an atlas of biological interactions that define life. We are relentless in our quest to Catalyze the Next Biological Revolution leading to Advancing the Human Condition. In addition to a pioneering spirit, we value: Grit. Authenticity. Ambition. Ingenuity. Customers. Join our team!
The Sr. Project Manager, Software Development (Cloud) role is a cross-functional leader of both vendor facing and internal customer facing software development activities for a strategic cloud-based software development project to serve multiple NanoString platforms. This role reports into Research and Development, and is a proactive, collaborative team-player that serves internal customers across departments within NanoString. This role works across multiple levels from individual contributor teams to executive leadership.
Work Arrangements: We are flexible to accommodating a 100% remote employee, however preference is for someone who has the capability to come in to the office 1-2 times per week.
- Manage the contract deliverables, scope of work (SOW), and budget of external vendor/partners to ensure on-time completion and successful deployment and launch of cloud-based data management systems
- Lead the project core team of the internal stakeholders across R&D, Marketing, Customer Experience, Quality, Regulatory, and associated product development process (PDP) deliverables in quality system
- Develop, manage, and report key progress indicators (KPIs) for the program to monitor and communicate status and escalate issues to leadership
- Facilitate the product development teams’ program increments (PIs), sprints, and work item tracking in Azure DevOps (ADO) utilizing agile methodologies; coordinate with other agile release trains (ARTs)
- Generate, review, and approve selected project deliverables (e.g. plans, requirements, specifications, protocols, test results, traceability matrixes, design reviews, reports, etc.) in quality management system (QMS)
- Prepare and present verbal and written project updates, phase gate reviews, and host meetings with range of audiences including executive leadership
Qualifications and Requirements (Education, Experience, Specific Skills):
- BS degree or higher in a technical discipline required
- Minimum of 7 years working directly as a Project or Program Manager
- Demonstrated experience managing the successful development and deployment of cloud-based data management applications (on AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud) in related areas of cloud migration, enterprise software, SaaS, or digital transformation
- Direct experience managing multiple external vendors and global development teams through all phases of software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Direct experience with Scrum / Agile development environments; Certified SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) preferred
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate at multiple hierarchal levels across the organization
- PMP certification or University Project Management certificate preferred
- Working knowledge of relevant regulatory compliance including ISO 62304, GDPR, CCPA, ANSI UL 2900 a plus
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.