Who We Are:
NanoString Technologies (NASDAQ: NSTG) is a leading provider of life science tools for discovery and translational research. The company’s nCounter® Analysis System is used in life sciences research and has been cited in more than 3,800 peer-reviewed publications. The nCounter Analysis System offers a cost-effective way to easily profile the expression of hundreds of genes, proteins, miRNAs, or copy number variations, simultaneously with high sensitivity and precision, facilitating a wide variety of basic research and translational medicine applications. The company’s GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiler enables highly-multiplexed spatial profiling of RNA and protein targets in a variety of sample types, including FFPE tissue sections. Built on pioneering principles in 2003, NanoString is blazing new trails and exploring new frontiers to adapt to the everchanging landscape and becoming smarter and more innovative in the process. We are dedicated to advancing scientific discovery and providing solutions that can have a meaningful impact in research and discovery.
Our purpose is to Map the Universe of Biology. We enable scientists to answer questions they have always wanted to ask to explore the boundaries of cellular structures and create an atlas of biological interactions that define life. We are relentless in our quest to Catalyze the Next Biological Revolution leading to Advancing the Human Condition. In addition to a pioneering spirit, we value: Grit. Authenticity. Ambition. Ingenuity. Customers. Join our team!
The SW Product Manager/Product Owner is responsible for owning a portion of the commercial facing software product requirements for NanoString’s suite of spatial genomics products. For a defined part of the platform, this role supports the software team as a lean-Agile Product Owner, with responsibility for software requirements, related risk management activities, documentation, and future requirement planning for their product areas. This role will advocate for the user, considering usability, cybersecurity, and supportability as well as the specific functional requirements for the product they are assigned. This role leads and contributes as an Agile team member to coordinate software team work with cross-functional project teams, business stakeholders, and customers. This role primarily contributes by writing, managing, and validating system and software requirements and specifications for software releases. The product owner must need little guidance to produce on-time and on-budget innovative and intuitive software.
- Participate in daily Agile standups, end of sprint retrospectives, and planning ceremonies. Assist in unblocking team members as issues are identified.
- Collaborate with biologists, data scientists, and marketing product managers to identify, write, and manage user-focused software requirements
- Work collaboratively with software leads and other product owners to ensure platforms work smoothly together
- Own Agile user stories and acceptance criteria, including creation, review, and approval.
- Select features for customer input, gather customer input, and adjust software requirements based on that feedback
- Work with the Agile team to refine features for future iterations and software releases
- Work with the Agile leaders, Product Management, and other stakeholders to continuously ensure the highest value is delivered from the team
- Help triage and track new issues identified by internal teams as well as by customers
- Identify usability risks and hazards in user interface workflows
- In conjunction with quality engineering, incorporate usability hazards and risk control measures into overall risk management process (uFMEA)
- Conduct and participate in acceptance testing
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, software engineering, software user experience, human computer interaction, or related field. Advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in requirements creation and management
- 3+ years experience working on web-based, enterprise-scale, multi-user applications
- 1+ years experience in an Agile delivery environment, preferably in a Product Owner role
- Experience working on biotech or medical device products
- Experience working with local and remote teams
- Experience working in web-based ticket management systems (Azure Dev Ops, Jira, TFS, etc.)
- Skilled at documenting user experience design goals and requirements
- Excellent client interaction skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of cross-functional teams
- SW User Interface design experience using techniques such as wireframing, Visio workflows, and prototyping preferred
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions please contact email@example.com.