Who We Are:
NanoString Technologies (NASDAQ: NSTG) is a leading provider of life science tools for discovery and translational research. The company’s nCounter® Analysis System is used in life sciences research and has been cited in more than 3,800 peer-reviewed publications. The nCounter Analysis System offers a cost-effective way to easily profile the expression of hundreds of genes, proteins, miRNAs, or copy number variations, simultaneously with high sensitivity and precision, facilitating a wide variety of basic research and translational medicine applications. The company’s GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiler enables highly-multiplexed spatial profiling of RNA and protein targets in a variety of sample types, including FFPE tissue sections. Built on pioneering principles in 2003, NanoString is blazing new trails and exploring new frontiers to adapt to the everchanging landscape and becoming smarter and more innovative in the process. We are dedicated to advancing scientific discovery and providing solutions that can have a meaningful impact in research and discovery.
Our purpose is to Map the Universe of Biology. We enable scientists to answer questions they have always wanted to ask to explore the boundaries of cellular structures and create an atlas of biological interactions that define life. We are relentless in our quest to Catalyze the Next Biological Revolution leading to Advancing the Human Condition. In addition to a pioneering spirit, we value: Grit. Authenticity. Ambition. Ingenuity. Customers. Join our team!
The Sustaining Engineer III, Electrical works closely with a cross functional team in improving the NanoString instrument and consumable products. The Sustaining Engineer is responsible for addressing product hardware issues by carrying out engineering and process changes. The work is highly interdisciplinary and will involve working closely with software engineers, hardware engineers, and our suppliers across a variety of engineering disciplines including motion control, optics, automation, mechanical and electrical. Key to the role will be a self-motivated and hands-on approach to collaboration, the timely and appropriate response to urgent matters, and the ability to apply sound judgment to problem resolution.
- Design critical electrical components and subsystems to improve product performance and reliability
- Assess the risk of engineering changes and mitigate risks through design
- Create and perform verification activities including testing and analysis
- Create engineering change orders (ECOs), including supporting documentation, CAD, and engineering drawings
- Perform root cause investigations to resolve issues with internal and external customers
- Support product end of life (EOL) cycles as well as coordination of repair and refurbishment activities
- Participate in the continuous improvement of product quality, sourcing options, and component and build costs
- Improve manufacturing and quality processes. Develop quality control testing and test fixtures
- Collaborate closely across functions including Quality, R&D Science, Software, Field Service
- 4+ years of experience working in product development, sustaining, or manufacturing engineering, preferably in the medical device industry
- B.S. and/or M.S. in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or related field
- A practical aptitude for hands-on work with a variety of the following systems: electromechanical, optics, fluidic, and software
- General familiarity with engineering principles in the following areas: instrument control and automation, optics and imaging, motion control, and electromechanical systems
- Experience with mechanical CAD and/or ECAD software (preferably SolidWorks and Altium or equivalent) and Product Data Management (PDM)
- Experience with statistical analysis and design of experiments (DOE)
- Desired: experience with electrical test equipment, oscilloscopes, soldering irons, microcontrollers (ARM), circuit board design and manufacture, etc.
- Knowledge of quality control principles, business processes, management systems and common software applications
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to clarify and reach consensus
- Proactive approach to issues and their resolution
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions please contact email@example.com.