The IT Leader will report to NanoString’s Chief Financial officer and be responsible for the development a scalable IT group and infrastructure platform across a rapidly growing global life sciences organization. This role requires a holistic leadership approach that can work across all core functions of the business, including research and development, sales and marketing, operations and administrative functions. Based on direction from key stakeholders and the Company’s goals, the candidate will be expected to implement IT infrastructure, software and cyber security strategies, as well as critical IT policies and best practices, including providing exceptional service levels and support for employees. Specific expertise in “cloud computing” and an understanding of advanced infrastructure, software, database and security preferred.
- Directs the IT thought leadership, strategy, objective, priorities, and technology decisions for the organization.
- Partners with the CEO, CFO and Senior Leadership to provide consulting, solutions options, and recommendations around technology, standards, strategies, and governance.
- Leads the IT team, ensuring appropriate staffing and skill sets to support business and technology objectives.
- Demonstrates passion and leadership regarding people, team culture development and engagement and IT team branding.
- Promotes efficient and cost effective use of advanced cloud-based storage technologies, and manages migration to next-generation smart technologies.
- Works with business teams to establish and drive IT initiatives across several time horizons (weekly, quarterly, annually & and multi-year / strategic-planning).
- Evaluates and supports the efficient and cost-effective implementation of key enterprise hardware and software, including cloud storage and other key infrastructure needs.
- Ensures the integrity and reliability of data center hosted systems, communication systems, and office technology systems including the security of data acquired and stored.
- Oversees help desk teams (global).
- Develops and monitors the organization's IT budget, including capital expenditures and measures financial performance.
- Fosters business partnerships with current and potential vendors.
- Oversee SOX compliance of IT organization and systems, including access control and change management.
Minimum Requirements - Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 10+ years of experience in a technical role
- 5+ years in a leadership role
- Experience with cloud solutions and hybrid deployments on AWS, Azure or similar
- Experience with or understanding of AWS, Azure or similar core services, database apps, networking, deployment, management
- Experience in implementing cyber security, data security and compliance
- Experience overseeing a major enterprise software implementation (e.g. ERP)
- Understanding of Windows server infrastructure and active directory
- Experience with leveraging and managing IT offshore vendors
- Experience in a public company operating environment, including with SOX compliance of key IT systems
- Experience with any or some of the following regulatory and compliance frameworks (ISO, GDPR (Europe’s new data privacy and security law), HIPPA, NIST, others) preferred
- Security and Compliance certifications (CISSP) preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to credibly engage with senior leaders across the organization and earn trust across different level and multiple groups
- Influences through collaboration and partnership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Thorough understanding of IT policies and procedures and practical applications to support the company’s goals
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly master technology used in the organization
- Demonstrated experience in cultural transformation of an IT organization preferred
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.