Who We Are:
NanoString Technologies (NASDAQ: NSTG) is a leading provider of life science tools for discovery and translational research. The company’s nCounter® Analysis System is used in life sciences research and has been cited in more than 3,800 peer-reviewed publications. The nCounter Analysis System offers a cost-effective way to easily profile the expression of hundreds of genes, proteins, miRNAs, or copy number variations, simultaneously with high sensitivity and precision, facilitating a wide variety of basic research and translational medicine applications. The company’s GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiler enables highly-multiplexed spatial profiling of RNA and protein targets in a variety of sample types, including FFPE tissue sections. Built on pioneering principles in 2003, NanoString is blazing new trails and exploring new frontiers to adapt to the everchanging landscape and becoming smarter and more innovative in the process. We are dedicated to advancing scientific discovery and providing solutions that can have a meaningful impact in research and discovery.
Our purpose is to Map the Universe of Biology. We enable scientists to answer questions they have always wanted to ask to explore the boundaries of cellular structures and create an atlas of biological interactions that define life. We are relentless in our quest to Catalyze the Next Biological Revolution leading to Advancing the Human Condition. In addition to a pioneering spirit, we value: Grit. Authenticity. Ambition. Ingenuity. Customers. Join our team!
NanoString is seeking a Revenue Staff Accountant to work collaboratively with the revenue and accounts receivable team to ensure the timely completion of the close process with a focus on the accuracy of timely revenue and accounts receivable reporting to internal and external customers, as well as adherence to Revenue cycle internal controls in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX). A strong candidate will work closely with the customer, inside sales teams and sales order administration to ensure revenue is recorded and accounted for properly. Revenue Accountant should be highly detailed-oriented, possess excellent communication skills and highly-energetic in a dynamic and evolving professional environment.
- Daily invoicing
- Contribute to the timely completion of all monthly revenue accounting close efforts. Revenue close efforts include invoicing and credit memo completion, journal entry preparation, conducting cut-off internal control procedures and preparing revenue and deferred revenue account reconciliations
- Major assistance with accounts receivable collections, new customer onboarding and credit application/revision process
- Contribute to completion of monthly and quarterly Revenue cycle internal control procedures for SOX compliance
- Assist in completion of sales tax correcting invoices
- VAT reporting calculation and monthly submission of VAT Automation Report
- Monitor and respond to various daily requests for both internal and external customers via e-mail and phone
- Maintain completion of financial accounting policies, practices, and procedures to ensure compliance with accounting and control principles in a SOX-compliant environment
- Quarter end review of customer terms for FP&A to ensure accurate revenue forecasts and projections for Sales Directors
- Prepare revenue and accounts receivable audit requests, documentation, and testing with internal and external auditors
- Revenue Accountant will provide bandwidth for ad-hoc projects. This role contributes to the implementation and completion of process improvements for revenue and accounts receivable areas to enable the department to scale as the company grows
- 1-2 years of biotech or related industry revenue recognition experience
- Knowledge of US GAAP revenue standards and related pronouncements and experience in their application for revenue recognition
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products with advanced Excel skills Experience in implementation of financial module, add-ons, and ERP changes is a plus
- High sense of urgency and the ability to multitask, work independently and meet multiple deadlines as required.
- High degree of integrity with courage and commitment to do the right thing.
- Solid project management and organization skills.
- An ability to interface and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- An ability to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.