The Technical Sales Specialist (TSS) is accountable to assist our commercial team in achieving or exceeding assigned Instrument and Service revenue targets within the Digital Spatial Profiling (DSP) segment. This individual’s focus will be primarily on gaining commitments for new DSP Instrument placements. This individual works closely with the Life Sciences commercial teams including Regional Account Managers (RAM and P-RAM), Key Account Managers (KAM), Product Application Scientists (PAS) and other support functions to ensure successful partnering to achieve revenue targets.
Cultivates new DSP related business in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, and Academic market segments within assigned geography to achieve or exceed assigned goals. Supports the defined RAM and P-RAM territories to develop and grow the product portfolio, while also supporting the Business Development (BD) team to identify and develop new collaboration opportunities involving the product portfolio including our DSP Service. Develops new business targets through intelligent networking and sophisticated ability to generate new clients.
Business, Territory, and Technical Knowledge
Demonstrates technical knowledge of NanoString product features and benefits and understands how to position. Understands DSP product strengths and weaknesses and can defend against competitive threats and customer indecision by effectively utilizing marketing tools and resources. Generates customer and market awareness for DSP products & solutions through effective management of resources. Maintain expert knowledge on key buying influencers and develops Key Opinion Leaders (KOL). Provide accurate funnel management and overall funnel health (forecasting), as well as accurate CRM management. Deliver all administrative reports in a timely manner, including expenses, monthly reports, forecasts, etc. to ensure optimum efficient management of territory.
Technical Selling Skills
Utilize competitive, customer, and technical product knowledge to lead and assist in establishing competitive barriers to market penetration by positioning DSP solutions. Assist customers in TAP project identification by helping them to define research goals, then positioning DSP as a solution to achieve NanoString revenue targets. Own the sales process in non-nCounter targets by cultivating leads and relationships, managing a healthy sales funnel, and securing contracts. Assist in all other selling opportunities identified by RAM, P-RAM, and KAM to achieve sales targets. Utilize defined presentations (.ppt/web/etc) and effectively deliver in a group setting.
Qualifications and Requirements (Education, Experience, Specific Skills):
- Demonstrated selling skills and sales discipline, to include an independence and aggressiveness selling in a technical environment.
- Ability to effectively participate in cross functional teams and to excel within a matrix organization, while maintaining a “hunter” mentality of selling disruptive technology.
- Management of high complexity sales with a proven understanding of the market segment (Pharmaceutical and Biotech Research development, Biomarker discovery, genomic analysis and proteomics applications) including experience in negotiating high value contracts.
- Exceptional communication, problem solving, and presentation skills.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- A minimum of 5 years of related field sales experience within Life Science, Translational Research, Diagnostics, or CRO capacity within the Pharmaceutical-Biotechnology industry, with a proven track record of success.
- Minimum B.S. in Life Science discipline. S., Ph.D. or advanced degree preferred.
- Strong technical understanding of proteomic technologies and immuno-oncology.
- Ability to travel >75% of the time (territory dependent).
- Strong administration skills including CRM and process documentation.
- See benefits at NanoString
- NanoString is an EOE
- NanoString participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows an employer to determine an employee's eligibility to work in the US using information reported on an employee's Form I-9. The E-Verify system confirms eligibility with both the Social Security Administration (SSA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS). For more information, please go to the USCIS E-Verify website.