The Distribution Sales Manager is accountable for revenue generation in the territory by overseeing and working with our distribution partners throughout all aspects of the sales process. In addition to ownership of the regional distribution sales targets, this individual is responsible for new product and ongoing training of the distributors, sales forecasting (instrumentation, consumable, services), and ongoing evaluation of our sales channel efficiency. The individual works very closely with the Field Applications Scientists, as well as Management, to leverage and develop key distributor and customer relationships.
- Oversee distributor relationships throughout the assigned territory.
- Work with our distribution partners to develop cohesive tactical and strategic sales plans in order to meet or exceed sales targets
- Work with Senior Management to evaluate sales channel efficiency throughout the region on an ongoing basis and make changes where appropriate
- Oversee new distributor onboarding as well as ongoing training for existing partners
- Accurately forecast sales opportunities to management team through our CRM and other means
- Conduct sales calls, seminars, workshops, and presentations for current and potential customers throughout the region in partnership with our distributors
- Work actively with Technical Support and Field Applications to ensure customer satisfaction
- Represent NanoString at regional scientific conferences
- Work with various stakeholders to ensure training on and adoption of new products and applications throughout the region
Qualifications and Requirements (Education, Experience, Specific Skills):
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in a related science and may have an advanced degree, certification or additional professional training
- Typically requires seven years of relevant experience (including 5+ years in life science sales, distribution management, or other customer facing commercial roles)
- Capital equipment sales experience is strongly preferred
- Strong working knowledge of the sales process (lead generation, quoting, purchasing, revenue recognition) as well as a good understanding of funnel management
- Requires knowledge and understanding of Gene Expression analysis, miRNA, and Copy Number Variation
- Ideally possesses a working knowledge of the genomics marketplace, including Next Generation Sequencing, qPCR, and mid-density platforms
- Ability to travel up to 70% as needed
- Ability to conduct technical presentations
- Requires excellent communication skills, verbal, and written
- See benefits at NanoString
- NanoString is an EOE
- NanoString participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows an employer to determine an employee's eligibility to work in the US using information reported on an employee's Form I-9. The E-Verify system confirms eligibility with both the Social Security Administration (SSA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS). For more information, please go to the USCIS E-Verify website.
#LI-MS1 / IND123