Nanopath is a well-funded Series A-stage company working to develop a first-in-class in vitro diagnostics platform to revolutionize the way we diagnose disease. Nanopath works to disrupt existing lengthy molecular testing methodologies by bringing them closer to the patient. We aim to improve the lives of patients, starting with women, using our purpose-built tool that provides actionable information within a single office visit.
The company is headquartered at The Engine, the premier tough technology incubator in the Kendall Square ecosystem. As a company, we are committed to health equity and the design of solutions for underserved populations and low-resource settings. Corporate sustainability – both environmental and social - is at the forefront of our decision making.
We are in search of a postdoctoral fellow to join our growing team and contribute expertise in design and optimization of biosensors. This team member will remain at the forefront of nanoscience and molecular sensing while contributing to the deep technological breakthroughs developed at Nanopath.
About the Role
- Improve signal-to-noise of novel, state-of-the-art molecular sensor through optimization of measurement, nanosensor, testing conditions, and data processing
- Drive hands-on rapid iteration of the biosensor stack to optimize sensor performance
- Remain at cutting-edge of the physics-bioengineering interface through careful theoretical and experimental study
- Work directly with company leadership and Scientific Advisory Board to define product vision and path to technological improvements
- Present deep technological breakthroughs at relevant meetings and publish findings in academic journals
- Expected duration of 9 months with potential extension opportunities
Preferred Technical Qualifications
- Experience in design and optimization of ultra-sensitive biosensors
- Understanding of micro- and nano- scale fabrication methodologies, including cleanroom protocols and wafer-scale manufacturing
- Expertise in iterative design of optical sensors, imaging modalities, and data processing
- Experience with simulation tools to understand and enhance light-matter interactions
- Experience with ML/deep learning algorithms and/or ability to analyze and integrate complex data sets
- Comfort working in biological laboratories with a basic knowledge of wet lab instrumentation & equipment
- Ph.D. in Engineering/Sciences with 0-2 years of industry experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, highly organized with demonstrated curiosity, scientific rigor and creative problem-solving
- Proactive self-starter with eagerness to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Nanopath we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every point in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
Nanopath Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.