Nanopath is a well-funded Series A-stage company working to develop a first-in-class in vitro diagnostics platform to revolutionize the way we diagnose disease. Nanopath works to disrupt traditional molecular testing methodologies by bringing them closer to the patient. We aim to improve the lives of patients, starting with women, using our purpose-built tool that provides actionable information within a single office visit.
The company was spun out from Dartmouth College and is now based at The Engine, the premier tough technology incubator in the Kendall Square ecosystem. As a company, we are committed to health equity and the design of solutions for underserved populations and low-resource settings. Corporate sustainability – both environmental and social - is at the forefront of our decision making.
If you're looking for a career-defining opportunity, you've come to the right place. We are proud to offer highly competitive compensation packages that include incentive stock options, performance bonus eligibility, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company 401k contribution, unlimited vacation time, and more!
- Assist with in vitro and ex vivo testing of Nanopath’s proprietary technology
- Iterate assay and system design through benchtop study to improve sensitivity & specificity and minimize required user handling steps
- Benchtop characterization of samples using molecular biology techniques
- Culture and quantification of a range of microorganisms
- Assist in design-of-experiments towards optimization of research objectives
- Present data to management team & draft scientific publication
- Experience working in a BSL-2 laboratory environment and with sterile technique
- Comfortable handling & processing a range of human biofluid samples
- Biological understanding of bacteriology and microorganisms
- Intermediate understanding of molecular biology and experience with molecular biology techniques
- Knowledge of bacterial culture, PCR, and basic wet laboratory techniques
- Robust understanding of scientific method and experience in design-of-experiments
- B.S. in Biological Sciences/Engineering plus 0-2 years industry experience
- Eager and open to learning new techniques and scientific methodologies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, highly organized with demonstrated curiosity, scientific rigor and creative problem-solving
- Proactive self-starter with enthusiasm to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Experience and interest in interdisciplinary teams and products
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Nanopath we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every point in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
Nanopath Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.