Nanopath is working to develop a first-in-class in vitro diagnostics platform to revolutionize the way we diagnose chronic and infectious diseases. Nanopath is a seed-stage company spun-out of Dartmouth’s Engineering School in partnership with Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center. As a company, we are dedicated to the development of disease diagnostics that improve human health. We are committed to health equity and the design of solutions for underserved populations and low-resource settings. Corporate sustainability – both environmental and social - is at the forefront of our decision-making.
Nanopath is seeking a highly motivated candidate who will work directly with the founders to further the development of Nanopath’s proprietary molecular diagnostic assay through iterative design and clinical sample testing. The ideal candidate has a passion for improving human health through novel diagnostic assay development coupled with a drive to innovate at the intersection of clinical microbiology and molecular diagnostics.
- Lead reagent select and design, in vitro testing, and clinical testing of Nanopath’s proprietary assay
- Iterate assay design through benchtop study to improve sensitivity and specificity and minimize required user handling steps
- Work directly with founders to identify key molecular biomarkers for targeting clinical indications
- Collaborate with top-tier clinical and regulatory contractors to design clinical studies and lead clinical sample testing and benchmarking
- Remain at cutting-edge of the clinical microbiology and molecular biology by interfacing with KOLs and representing Nanopath at international scientific conferences
- Deep expertise in clinical microbiology, molecular biology, and molecular diagnostics
- Skilled in operation and validation of state-of-the-art molecular diagnostic technologies in addition to culture-based diagnostic methods
- Experience in clinical study design, data processing, and bioinformatics
- Demonstrated experience in laboratory-developed assay design and validation
- Comfortable handling and processing a range of human biofluid samples
- Experienced in cell culture, flow cytometry, PCR, etc.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Biology/Bioengineering preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, highly organized with demonstrated curiosity, scientific rigor, and creative problem-solving
- Proactive self-starter with eagerness to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Passion for technology translation and willingness to shape Nanopath’s mission
Nanopath Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.