Who we are:
Nacelle is a composable commerce platform provider that allows brands and retailers to easily syndicate commerce and content data to multiple heads, endpoints and channels by transforming, storing and reindexing data in real-time. With Nacelle, companies can future-proof their business by composing the commerce stack they want — giving them the agility needed to build unique and dynamic shopping experiences, while optimizing business operations for growth. Nacelle is a venture-backed company with over $75 million raised from institutional investors including Tiger Global, Index Ventures and iNovia. For more information, go to nacelle.com
We are seeking an experienced frontend developer to join Nacelle’s Professional Services Delivery team to create delightful and intuitive Progressive Web Applications for our customers. This role is responsible for developing and testing UI for mobile and web applications for our ecommerce merchants. Our Professional Services Delivery team builds net-new features as well as optimizes our merchants’ progressive web applications for usability performance and maintainability.
Great candidates will be passionate about seamless ecommerce experiences and the broad ecosystem of frontend technologies, from best engineering coding patterns, to modern headless and Jamstack approaches. You will work directly with a team of talented engineers who share your passion for superior user experiences and performant code.
In this role you will:
- Participate in every step of the development lifecycle from development and code review to automated testing and deployments
- Learn and apply coding best practices to websites as it relates to performance, accessibility, and responsive development
- Improve both your code and that of your teammates through collaborative peer code reviews
- Ensure the quality of code developed by creating automated tests
- Provide timely and effective bug fixes and problem resolution
- Participate in scrum ceremonies to ensure proper workload and alignment
The impact you will have:
In your first 90 days:
- You will be fully onboarded and delivering value to our merchants by developing production-ready code
In your first 6 months:
- You will grow your developer experience in the headless space, in Vue or React, and contribute to several projects for our Merchants and the Nacelle team.
In your first year:
- You will become a proficient developer in the headless space understanding the full scope of a headless implementation with Nacelle.
We would love to hear from you if:
We’d be really excited if you’ve had:
- Experience in a fast paced VC-backed startup SaaS environment
- Experience with solutions such as Shopify, Sanity or Contentful, Vercel/Netlify a plus
- Experience with Vue.js or Next.js
- Experience with ecommerce
If you meet most of the criteria for this position, we would still love to hear from you! We believe in fostering talent, growing and providing training to our team as we believe great human beings come first and building skillsets can happen over time.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Stock options
- Robust benefits packages which include medical, dental, vision, HSA/FSA, as well as employer-paid life insurance, and short/long-term disability
- 401(k) with an employer match
- Unlimited Mental Health Teledoc appointments
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited PTO in addition to paid holidays and sick days
- Monthly wifi stipend
- Home office setup budget
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- 100% Remote culture with a minimum of one company in-person retreat per year + team-specific retreats
- Company provided laptop
- An environment that values and promotes continuous learning, true ownership, and teamwork
At Nacelle, we strive to promote a culture where all employees feel supported and comfortable to provide constructive feedback in ways that we can continue to grow and practice our values of "forever learning, ownership, honesty and integrity, and teamwork."
Nacelle is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Nacelle is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities who may require additional assistance in engaging in our application and interview process. Please feel free to reach out to Nacelle's Talent Acquisition Team at TA@getnacelle.com if you need any assistance completing our application or need accommodations during your interview process.