Who We Are:
Nacelle was built for technology-forward merchants drawn to the benefits of a headless architecture but dissatisfied with the costs and complexity associated with adoption. Leaders at FTD.com, Boll & Branch, and Thinx use Nacelle to eliminate the typical maintenance costs and infrastructure complexities related to going headless while accelerating their time-to-market. Unlike traditional commerce solutions, our product is built on event-driven and elastic core technology optimized for flexibility, performance, and customization.
Nacelle is an early stage, venture-backed, fully remote company. Recently closing our Series A round for $18m, our institutional investors include Index Ventures, Inovia and more. We also have raised from notable industry angels including leaders from Shopify Plus, Attentive, and Klaviyo.
If you had the opportunity to lead research and design for a fast-growing product, but also to help design how the team you're on operates, would you go for it? We have this exact opportunity for you. Our design team is small, flexible, and ready to grow ourselves to further impact the business and industry. We're in search of a candidate who can own the end-to-end execution of our primary dashboard, can help the business identify new opportunities to serve developers and eCommerce merchants, and who embraces the mentor/mentee model of helping our design team grow the craft.
As our first Senior Product Designer, you'll also have a significant impact on how we orchestrate our team, how we grow our design language (which we have aptly named the "Uhura Design Language"), and how we evangelize research and design to our peers. You'll work hand-in-hand with our Head of Design while also providing mentorship to our up-and-coming designers. If you want to work in an environment where your contribution is truly felt and appreciated, and where your impact is significant, then come join our team! We're excited to have you.
- Own the end-to-end experience for the Nacelle dashboard
- Identify needed research, create research plan, work with our Customer Success team to recruit participants, conduct research, then synthesize, analyze, and share findings and recommendations with your team
- Design solutions in the fidelity appropriate for the stage you're in (ideation sessions, protos for testing, spec files for engineering, etc)
- Help grow the Nacelle design system
- Mentor other designers on product design work
- Work with the Head of Design on vision and process improvement for the design team
- Actively engage in growing the design team culture and unifying the how design is practiced and thought of at Nacelle
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of UX or Product Design work
- The ability to walk through decision-making processes and show behaviors that lead to favorable product outcomes
- An understanding of and experience with leading both discovery and evaluative research
- Experience designing UI and creating protos in Figma
- Highly organized and possesses a strong attention to detail
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in eComm as this will help with industry understanding
- Front-end code experience. We're a highly technical startup focused on the developer experience. Basic experience with CSS and JS are helpful, though not required
- Experience leading workshops and communicating on a regular basis with stakeholders. A core part of the job is facilitating collaboration and getting buy-in on new ideas
- Experience working in a VC-funded startup. Understanding the speed at which things move and change is helpful in navigating the industry and startup culture
Benefits & Perks:
- Robust health benefits packages
- Full support for remote work, including a stipend for getting your home work space setup
- Home internet plan paid for monthly
- Unlimited PTO
- Learning and development fund
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration