Who We Are:
Nacelle was built for technology-forward merchants drawn to the benefits of a headless architecture but dissatisfied with the costs and complexity associated with adoption. Leaders at FTD.com, Boll & Branch, and Thinx use Nacelle to eliminate the typical maintenance costs and infrastructure complexities related to going headless while accelerating their time-to-market. Unlike traditional commerce solutions, our product is built on event-driven and elastic core technology optimized for flexibility, performance, and customization.
Nacelle is an early stage, venture-backed, fully remote company. Recently closing our Series A round for $18m, our institutional investors include Index Ventures, Inovia and more. We also have raised from notable industry angels including leaders from Shopify Plus, Attentive, and Klaviyo.
We are seeking a world-class, entrepreneurial Account Executive who will report directly to the VP of Sales. The ideal candidate has a proven track record for closing complex deals with a technical product, ideally in the eCommerce or data platform space.
We are seeking someone with a growth-mindset who is curious, authentic and customer-centric. You will be an early member of our Sales team, so you will be expected to help collaborate with the team and contribute individually as we build out new systems/processes and optimize existing ones.
This position is an outside sales role and involves travel and onsite meetings (post-COVID).
- Work alongside your Business Development Representative to generate outbound pipeline
- Consistently surpass Sales Targets
- Deeply understand our product and value props
- Pioneer our move upmarket into the Enterprise with a test & learn approach
- Create narratives with beginning, middle and end to explain complex solutions, challenges and/or ideas in an easy to understand manner
- Partner with your Sales Engineer to execute customer-centric sales cycles that maximize close rate and ASP
- Ongoing management of your existing customer base, alongside a Merchant Success Manager, to identify upsell opportunities
- Act cross-functionally with marketing, product and design to guide market positioning and to provide feedback on product requirements
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 years of Account Executive experience at a SaaS company
- A history of selling a technical product where the CTO is a primary stakeholder OR selling a technology in the eCommerce space
- Proven track record for consistent overachievement of quota and other KPIs
- A passion for continuous learning
- An entrepreneurial spirit with customer-centric orientation
- A growth mindset
- A deep curiosity for technical products
- Dedicated to workplace diversity and open to receiving diverse opinions
- A challenger account executive that can also be collaborative
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills through all mediums of communication from phone calls to email, slide shows, and webinars
- Team player and excited to work closely with Sales Development, Marketing, Customer Success and Product
Nice to Have:
- Series A to Series B stage startup experience
- Remote work history
- Although Nacelle is remote, the ideal candidate lives in or near Los Angeles or New York
Benefits & Perks:
- Robust health benefits packages
- Full support for remote work, including a stipend for getting your home work space setup
- Home internet plan paid for monthly
- Unlimited PTO
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration