Who We Are:
Nacelle is a leading headless commerce platform that turns traditional eCommerce stores into lightning-fast, mobile-first progressive web apps (PWAs). After going headless with Nacelle, eCommerce retailers have seen 25%+ increases in conversion rates, higher average cart sizes, and the support to handle spikes in traffic. We partner with top retailers including Something Navy, Enso Rings and Barefoot Dreams.
Nacelle is an early stage, venture-backed, fully remote company. Recently closing our Series A round for $18m, our institutional investors include Index Ventures, Inovia and more. We also have raised from notable industry angels including leaders from Shopify Plus, Attentive, and Klaviyo.
We are looking for a results-driven Finance Manager who will be responsible for partnering with key stakeholders within Nacelle on the growth, planning, and strategy of the company. Our Finance Manager role will report to the VP of Operations and work cross-functionally with leadership teams. The role will ensure we develop a proactive approach in driving financial decisions and visibility.
As our first finance hire, you’ll build processes, models, and reporting that drives good decision making at the highest levels of Nacelle. As a critical member of the Operations team, you will be a trusted advisor, providing financial analysis to support strategy and decision-making across the company.
- Lead beyond budgeting, AR & AP planning - be a thought leader and partner with Nacelle leadership to drive strategic decisions
- Develop a quarterly and annual financial planning process for the organization and departments
- Ensure timely collections and invoicing processes with customers and vendors
- Perform monthly variance analysis focused on actuals vs. budgets vs. constantly evolving forecasts
- Reconcile credit and bank accounts
- Track and pay sales commissions
- Process our employee time sheets and run payroll through our payroll system Rippling
- Create financial statements and maintain financial reports
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of finance-focused roles as a Finance Manager, Controller, GAAP experience and/or FP&A working at a high-growing tech company
- Experience with SaaS revenue recognition
- Have held a finance position at a VC-backed SaaS startup experience is required
- Advanced financial modeling and analytical skills
- Expert in Excel/Google Sheets, including modeling and scenario analysis
- Experience in forecasting and budgeting
Nice to Have:
- Has been a first-hire Finance Manager at a fast-growing startup
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience using Xero
- Experience using Bill.com
Benefits & Perks:
- Robust health benefits packages
- Full support for remote work, including a stipend for getting your home work space setup
- Home internet plan paid for monthly
- Unlimited PTO
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration