Who We Are:
Nacelle is a leading headless commerce platform that turns traditional eCommerce stores into lightning-fast, mobile-first progressive web apps (PWAs). After going headless with Nacelle, eCommerce retailers have seen 25%+ increases in conversion rates, higher average cart sizes, and the support to handle spikes in traffic. We partner with top retailers including Something Navy, Enso Rings and Barefoot Dreams.
Nacelle is an early stage, venture-backed, fully remote company. Recently closing our Series A round for $18m, our institutional investors include Index Ventures, Inovia and more. We also have raised from notable industry angels including leaders from Shopify Plus, Attentive, and Klaviyo.
We are seeking a highly technical, entrepreneurial Sales Engineer who will report directly to the VP of Sales. The ideal candidate has a proven track record for working on complex deals with a technical product, ideally in the eCommerce or data platform space. They are coachable, curious, intelligent, customer-centric, and have a strong work ethic.
The Sales Engineer will be an early member of our Sales team and will be expected to help collaborate with the team and contribute individually as we build out new systems/processes and optimize existing ones.
This position is an outside sales role and involves travel (about 25%) and onsite meetings (post-COVID).
- Partner with Account Executives to close deals, operating as the technical lead on the sales team
- Help identify prospect's technical requirements and validate if/why Nacelle is best technical fit for the prospect
- Manage the POC process with prospects to successful completion
- Contribute field knowledge and feedback to direct future product requirements/enhancements
- Help transition closed/won deals to our CS organization
- Maintain clean and thorough opportunity notes and forecast in Salesforce
- Create and deliver customized product demonstrations for prospects and customers
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience as a Sales/Solutions Engineer at a venture-backed SaaS company
- Experience selling to CTOs or other technical personas
- Experience managing technical POC processes with engineering evaluators
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using Salesforce
- Familiarity with integrations between systems and how software services work with another
- Demonstrated repeatable success in previous roles
Nice to Have:
- Experience selling eCommerce and/or data SaaS solutions
- Series A to Series B stage startup experience
- Experience with custom eCommerce builds and integrations
- Experience with event driven architectures
Benefits & Perks:
- Robust health benefits packages
- Full support for remote work, including a stipend for getting your home work space setup
- Home internet plan paid for monthly
- Unlimited PTO
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration