Who We Are:
Nacelle is a leading headless commerce platform that turns traditional eCommerce stores into lightning-fast, mobile-first progressive web apps (PWAs). After going headless with Nacelle, eCommerce retailers have seen 25%+ increases in conversion rates, higher average cart sizes, and the support to handle spikes in traffic. We partner with top retailers including Something Navy, Enso Rings and Barefoot Dreams.
Nacelle is an early stage, venture-backed, fully remote company. Recently closing our Series A round for $18m, our institutional investors include Index Ventures, Inovia and more. We also have raised from notable industry angels including leaders from Shopify Plus, Attentive, and Klaviyo.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Marketing Manager to best communicate our product offering to our key target audiences. As our first product marketer, you will be responsible for diving deep into the market, buyer, and competitor landscapes to help position Nacelle’s platform and effectively communicate it through integrated marketing programs.
To be successful as a Product Marketing Manager, you should have experience in B2B product marketing for SaaS companies, product positioning expertise, and excel in working cross-functionally.
This is a highly visible role that will report directly to the VP of Marketing and will work closely with Product, Sales, and Leadership teams. You will be joining a marketing team of extremely talented and creative individuals who have cultivated a fun and supportive team environment.
- Become an expert and evangelist for Nacelle’s platform and features
- Develop and implement product messaging that identifies key benefits to our customers and differentiates us from others
- Further define and understand our buyer personas through market and customer analysis: understand who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria as well as follow and analyze market trends
- Understand the competitive landscape: become an expert on our competition and how they are positioned. Maintain and manage competitive intelligence and comparisons
- Collaborate with Product, Marketing and Sales regularly
- Develop a product marketing plan with the Marketing team, including key campaigns and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers
- Plan new product and feature launches and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plans
- Sales enablement: help train the Sales team on the problems we solve for our buyers, our positioning and how we compare to competitors. Develop internal and external collateral and tools such as one-pagers, case studies, videos and more
- Report on and assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support our products on an ongoing basis including adoption, untapped opportunities and personas
- Measure and document our buyers’ process and journey, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Further optimize sales and marketing processes based on what is learned
- Speak and present both internally and externally to promote the story of our product
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5-7 years of proven product marketing experience
- A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or similar field
- Experience in market, customer and competitor analysis
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding collaboration and cross-functional skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with GraphQL APIs, event-driven architecture and big data preferred
- Experience with Vue and React and frameworks Next, Gatsby and Nuxt preferred
Nice to Have:
- Remote work history
- eCommerce technology experience
- Venture-backed startup experience
- Analyst relations experience
Benefits & Perks:
- Robust health benefits packages
- Full support for remote work, including a stipend for getting your home work space setup
- Home internet plan paid for monthly
- Unlimited PTO
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration