Who We Are
Nacelle is a headless progressive web app (PWA) solution built for online retailers who are dissatisfied with slow page load speeds and low mobile conversion rates. With Nacelle, retailers deliver lightning-fast customer experiences through PWA storefronts optimized across all devices, are SEO friendly and pair seamlessly with eCommerce platforms like Shopify. We partner with top retailers including Something Navy, Thinx and FTD.
We are an early stage, venture-backed, fully remote company. Our institutional investors include Index Ventures and Accomplice Ventures. We also have raised from notable angels including leaders from Shopify Plus, Attentive, and Klaviyo.
We are seeking a world-class Manager of Sales Development. You will report directly to our VP of Sales and focus on building a highly effective and scalable Sales Development team. Your work will focus on hiring, developing and retaining talent, establishing a repeatable outbound pipeline generation strategy, and managing our inbound channel.
- Hire and manage a team of 4 - 8 direct reports, including onboarding, ongoing enablement and education, coaching & performance management, and career development.
- Establish, develop and optimize our outbound pipeline generation strategy and motion
- Continuously improve existing processes and create new ones to address problems you, your team and the Management team have identified. Roll out processes, train your team on best practices, and track / analyze results
- Analyze team and individual metrics to maximize efficiency and productivity, and report these up to VP of Sales on a weekly cadence
- Train and mentor our Business Development Representatives (BDRs) on prospecting tactics, time management, objection handling, and our systems (today: Salesforce, Linkedin Sales Navigator, Outreach, Clearbit, Zoom)
- Build and maintain relationships with cross-functional peers for you and your team (Sales, Sales Management, Marketing, Territory Development)
- Interview prospective BDR candidates and make hiring decisions
- Develop career paths for BDRs to further their professional growth.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years of BDR / SaaS sales experience as a top performer and/or minimum of 3+ years of sales enablement, sales training and/or consulting experience
- At least 1 year of management experience
- Familiarity with Outreach, Salesforce, Sales Navigator and Builtwith
- Proven track record in creating, delivering, and training successfully with measurable results in fast paced environments
- Intelligent, curious and driven to succeed in a career in tech startups and sales
- Continuous learner
- Growth mindset
- Dedicated to workplace diversity and open to receiving diverse opinions
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- A passion for learning and coaching others
- Strong ability to summarize and communicate complex ideas into curriculum with a strong sense of how sales professionals think, operate and absorb training
- Passion for coaching and educating others
- Strong process and analytical skills to identify inefficiencies and create improvements
Benefits & Perks:
- Robust health benefits packages
- Full support for remote work, including a stipend for getting your home work area setup
- Home internet plan paid for monthly
- Unlimited PTO
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration