Who We Are
Nacelle is a headless progressive web app (PWA) solution built for online retailers who are dissatisfied with slow page load speeds and low mobile conversion rates. With Nacelle, retailers deliver lightning-fast customer experiences through PWA storefronts optimized across all devices, are SEO friendly and pair seamlessly with eCommerce platforms like Shopify. We partner with top retailers including Something Navy, Boll & Branch and Barefoot Dreams.
We are an early stage, venture-backed, fully remote company. Our institutional investors include Index Ventures and Accomplice Ventures. We also have raised from notable angels including leaders from Shopify Plus, Attentive, and Klaviyo.
We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic and driven Content Creator to join our Marketing team. As the first content hire, you will be the expert in crafting key content pieces across various channels including web pages, blogs, ebooks, webinars, social media and more to be used for education, thought leadership and lead generation.
This role will report directly to and work closely with the VP of Marketing on building out a content marketing strategy. This will include ensuring consistent messaging across all channels, perfecting our content to target each of our personas and creating and maintaining our content calendar.
We are looking for someone to dive deep into eCommerce and position Nacelle as the thought leader in our area of expertise. The ideal candidate should be familiar with or willing to learn SEO strategies and keyword research.
Please share samples of your work (portfolio or links to published articles) along with your application.
- Become a subject matter expert on Headless Commerce, Progressive Web Apps and Nacelle’s offerings/benefits to customers
- Prepare, edit and proofread well-structured and written drafts of content
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO guidelines to optimize content
- Coordinate with the design team to illustrate articles and assets
- Update our website and existing content as needed
- Collaborate with industry partners on joint marketing content and strategies
- Research industry-related topics and trends
- Identify customers’ needs and craft new topics
- Interview industry professionals and incorporate their views in content
- Work with the VP of Marketing on promoting content on social networks and monitoring engagement (e.g. comments and shares)
- Work with the VP of Marketing on measuring web traffic to content (e.g. conversion and bounce rates)
- Based in the US or Canada
- BS in Marketing, English, Journalism or relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of content writing experience
- Proven work experience as a Content Creator, Copywriter or similar role
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, proofreading, and editing
- Excellent research and organizational skills
- Time-management skills
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Strong listening and communication skills
- The capacity to work independently and collaboratively
- Portfolio of published articles
Nice to Have:
- Technology writing experience (+ eCommerce tech)
- Startup experience
- Work experience in an agile team
- Remote work history