When it comes to your home, you shouldn’t have to compromise. For over twenty years, our team has been at the cutting edge of the building industry. We now channel these lessons into Nabr, a people-first housing company. Our near-term goal is to put more people on a path to owning a high-quality, environmentally friendly home in the city. Our long-term vision is to help spur a societal shift toward sustainable urban living.
At this time, most candidates should expect to work in-person 2-3 days a week. Nabr is a strong fit for candidates who are eager to jump into a high-growth tech startup, who are interested in design and passionate about improving quality of life in cities, particularly with regard to sustainability and affordability.
About the Role
Nabr is looking for an executive business partner to provide support to the Nabr leadership team, manage Nabr’s office operation, and assist with other administrative tasks as needed. Support for the leadership team will primarily take the form of coordinating large internal meetings and external meetings with key Nabr stakeholders. Managing office operations will entail helping to set up the Nabr office in NYC (DUMBO), as well as offices and sales premises in Downtown San Jose. In addition, as a core early team member, there will be many opportunities to step up and provide broader support for the team, including in areas such as new employee onboarding. Over time, we expect you to help set office norms and become a key cultural carrier for the company.
We are looking for candidates based in New York City, who are available to come into our DUMBO offices at least two days per week. This role may also require occasional travel to the Bay Area.
In your first three months you will...
- Become the key coordinator for meetings between Nabr leadership and external parties
- Completed set up Nabr’s offices in DUMBO, working with the Bjarke Ingels Group team
- Helped plan out a physical sales center in San Jose
- Helped plan a team-wide offsite
- Familiarized yourself with the Nabr team and corporate administrative processes
- Familiarized yourself with the operations of Nabr’s NYC & San Jose WeWork locations
- Built a close relationship to the Bjarke Ingels Group executive assistance team
Over time you will..
- Ensure Nabr’s administrative processes are optimized and running smoothly
- Act as a critical source of leverage for the Nabr leadership team
- Help manage Nabr’s relationship to its most important stakeholders
- Stand up two thriving offices, in New York City and the Bay Area
- Shape Nabr’s corporate culture, both in-office and virtually
Ideally you will have...
- Prior experience as an executive assistant or an office manager
- Prior startup experience is a plus, but not required; same goes for prior experiencing managing the set-up of a new office space
- Advanced Proficiency of G Suite (GMail, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Slides)
- The ability to multitask while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Superior organizational skills and demonstrated ability to coordinate across multidisciplinary groups
- Strong oral and written communication and comfort representing Nabr to third parties
- A desire to promote a more sustainable urban lifestyle, a brand value that you live and breathe by in your own life
- A can do attitude—no task is too big or too small, especially in Nabr’s early days
- Comfort with uncertainty, and a demonstrated ability to adapt to company needs
At Nabr, we believe it is critical that our company embodies the diverse perspectives of the residents we are serving. We are committed to reflecting the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion, both in the workplace and in the products we deliver to residents. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from all backgrounds, including those from historically underrepresented communities. We are excited to hear from you!