Nabis is a Series B stage licensed cannabis wholesale marketplace and distributor with the largest portfolio of cannabis brands, supplying over 200 brands to 99% of California’s dispensaries and delivery services. We are the fastest-growing wholesale platform supporting the booming cannabis industry, one of the largest and most rapidly scaling industries in the world today. Our mission is to empower the world to discover cannabis by providing choice, access, and innovation.
Our team, backed by Y Combinator and a celebrity roster of tech executives, including Doordash cofounder Stanley Tang, Gmail creator Paul Buchheit and Twitch cofounder Justin Kan, is scaling the cannabis supply chain with technology with the ultimate goal of becoming the largest distributor of cannabis products in the world.
The Human Resources Manager will report to the Head of People and is accountable for overseeing all HR related responsibilities for the Nabis Woodlake Warehouse. This facility is set to become our largest, both in space and personnel. The HR Manager must be a proactive people person who can drive results with efficiency, risk management, engagement, continuous improvement, and talent development.
The HR Manager is responsible for providing a best-in-class HR experience, full-cycle people relations services, and working across the business to improve upon ways of working, efficiencies, and proactive approaches to people management.
- Independently Manage all day-to-day people relations functions and develop partnerships across the business with all Woodlake employees.
- Managing all on-site People relations, including but not limited to new hire onboarding, induction, and training, 30/60/90 day check-ins, employee relations management, employee engagement, overseeing full-cycle LOA, FMLA, ADA and worker’s comp, talent management, offboarding/exit interviews, creating action plans, and creating and executing human resources policies and procedures.
- Oversee and lead all HR investigations in a consistent and prudent manner according to State, Federal, and Local jurisdictional laws, and business practices.
- Oversee OSHA reporting and be a regular contributor to the safety committee.
- Maintain personnel records in both payroll and employee personnel files, including completeness and full accuracy of data.
- Oversee employee status changes and ensure this is reflected in payroll and benefits updates.
- Support the operations management in making promotion decisions and in determinations as it relates to progressive discipline and proactive approaches to talent development.
- Foster Nabis’ culture including motivating teams, supporting high-growth setting, change management, employee engagement, and recognition/retention programs in coordination with the entire People Team.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in overseeing HR at a site with at least 50 hourly employees, along with proven knowledge of federal and state labor laws and regulations
- Computer literacy, including all Microsoft Office applications
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Ability to be onsite 5 days per week
- Bilingual: English & Spanish
- Highly organized
- Good problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent multitasking, time management, and prioritization skills
- Focused on confidentiality and discretion
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Low-ego, adaptable and high EQ
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT NABIS!
- You'll work at the fastest growing cannabis startup in the U.S.
- Medical/Dental/Vision offered to all full-time employees: 75% of employee premium paid by Nabis.
- Competitive salary and compensation.
- Industry discounts at cannabis retail shops across California.
- On-site snacks and beverages.
Nabis is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nabis is seeking to create a diverse work environment because all teams are stronger with different perspectives and life experiences. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Nabis are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.