Nabis is a Series B stage licensed cannabis wholesale marketplace and distributor with the largest portfolio of cannabis brands, supplying over 200 brands to 99% of California’s dispensaries and delivery services. We are the fastest-growing wholesale platform supporting the booming cannabis industry, one of the largest and most rapidly scaling industries in the world today. Our mission is to empower the world to discover cannabis by providing choice, access, and innovation.
Our team, backed by Y Combinator and a celebrity roster of tech executives, including Doordash cofounder Stanley Tang, Gmail creator Paul Buchheit and Twitch cofounder Justin Kan, is scaling the cannabis supply chain with technology with the ultimate goal of becoming the largest distributor of cannabis products in the world.
We are looking for an experienced Accounting Supervisor who will play a critical role on the Accounting team as well as focus on invoicing and accounting operations.
- Develop accounting policies & procedures and implement internal controls for areas of responsibility
- Work cross-functionally to drive process improvements and automation in the order to cash processes, bringing best practices and effective solutions to accounting operations and properly document them
- Develop and improve upon existing reconciliations and review staff reconciliations
- Improve upon and develop month end close schedules and processes
- Maintain adequate documentation and records of close
- Assist with preparation of monthly reporting package with the ability to provide insight into the flux analysis
- Prepare journal entries and prepare reconciliations for accounts such as consignor commission, accounts receivable, revenue, factoring liability and intercompany
- Perform review to guarantee accuracy and compliance with GAAP and ensure we are ready for our first-year external audit
- Work on ad hoc accounting related projects, external audit, and miscellaneous reporting requirements
- Train junior team members on technical accounting matters
- Assist in managing service provider relationships including audit, tax, and outsourced operational and technical accounting
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to work time zone will be pacific standard time
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong ability to work in a rapid change environment and be willing to actively participate in projects to process improvements.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, etc.)
- Experience with QuickBooks and various accounting SaaS platforms a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications and ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders of all levels
- Purposeful with the ability to prioritize and oversee multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines
- Experience in the Order to Cash function is a plus
- Public accounting experience is a plus
- Experience in coaching others in their individual development ranging from limited experience to 3+ years of experience
- Ability to correlate operational change with financial impact
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT NABIS!
- You'll work at the fastest-growing cannabis startup in the U.S.
- Unlimited PTO and flexible work-from-home policy
- Medical/Dental/Vision: 75% of employee premium paid by Nabis
- Competitive salary, 401(k) plan, and equity compensation structure
- Cannabis industry discounts at retail shops across California
Nabis is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nabis is seeking to create a diverse work environment because all teams are stronger with different perspectives and life experiences. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Nabis are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.