Nabis is a Series B stage licensed cannabis wholesale marketplace and distributor with the largest portfolio of cannabis brands, supplying over 200 brands to 99% of California’s dispensaries and delivery services. We are the fastest-growing wholesale platform supporting the booming cannabis industry, one of the largest and most rapidly scaling industries in the world today. Our mission is to empower the world to discover cannabis by providing choice, access, and innovation.
Our team, backed by Y Combinator and a celebrity roster of tech executives, including Doordash cofounder Stanley Tang, Gmail creator Paul Buchheit and Twitch cofounder Justin Kan, is scaling the cannabis supply chain with technology with the ultimate goal of becoming the largest distributor of cannabis products in the world.
Our Finance Team is currently seeking a Business Operations Manager to help collaborate cross-functionally across all teams in the organization to deliver objective analysis and insights, execute on strategic priorities and enable the Company to scale successfully! This is a unique role for the team and we are looking for a motivated individual that has a desire to grow with the organization to solve challenging scalability problems.
The Business Operations Manager will help with critical, cross-functional initiatives in an effort to support the continued growth of Nabis at large. They should work well in teams and as an individual contributor, move quickly, and be excited to leverage the resources of a fast-paced organization in a rapidly changing and maturing industry. This role will be responsible for evaluating, improving and helping implement more scalable, core business processes, helping to define and measure key performance indicators for various teams and projects, translating data into actionable insights and delivering recommendations to key stakeholders including members of the Leadership Team.
- Collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders to define, measure, and analyze key performance metrics and help develop operational processes that will make Nabis more efficient and effective
- Identifying business and process issues, developing hypotheses, and performing analyses to translate data into meaningful insights
- Delivering concise and data-driven recommendations to key stakeholders based on your findings, in an effort to improve efficiency, effectiveness or to drive cost savings
- Reporting insightful business metrics on a regular cadence to key stakeholders
- Developing strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders from across the organization
- Evaluating collections and Accounts Receivables processes and procurement for the organization, with a specific focus on vehicle sourcing and warehouse equipment sourcing and financing
- Creating policies and procedures for risk management and mitigation
- 3+ years of experience in consulting, public accounting, corporate finance, private equity, investment banking, business operations or at a high-growth startup
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Engineering or other quantitative or analytics field
- Strong analytical skills with a data-driven mentality, high attention to detail, and demonstrated success in problem solving and synthesizing data to provide business insights and recommendations
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with the ability to work cross-functionally to deliver results with minimal supervision
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment that requires tenacity to exploit opportunities and a steady demeanor to handle challenges
- Experience prioritizing day-to-day activities around a pipeline of projects and goals
- Ability to work proficiently within Google Suite and Microsoft Office; Excel skills are a must; SQL and other coding experience is a plus
- You'll work at the fastest-growing cannabis startup in the U.S.
- Unlimited PTO and flexible work-from-home policy
- Medical/Dental/Vision: 75% of employee premium paid by Nabis
- Competitive salary, 401(k) plan, and equity compensation structure
- Cannabis industry discounts at retail shops across California
Nabis is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nabis is seeking to create a diverse work environment because all teams are stronger with different perspectives and life experiences. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Nabis are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.