Nabis is a Series B stage licensed cannabis wholesale marketplace and distributor with the largest portfolio of cannabis brands, supplying over 200 brands to 99% of California’s dispensaries and delivery services. We are the fastest-growing wholesale platform supporting the booming cannabis industry, one of the largest and most rapidly scaling industries in the world today. Our mission is to empower the world to discover cannabis by providing choice, access, and innovation.
Our team, backed by Y Combinator and a celebrity roster of tech executives, including Doordash cofounder Stanley Tang, Gmail creator Paul Buchheit and Twitch cofounder Justin Kan, is scaling the cannabis supply chain with technology with the ultimate goal of becoming the largest distributor of cannabis products in the world.
The Lead Accounts Receivable Manager manages daily collections operations and develops and implements processes and systems for the Company’s accounts receivable team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to define, measure, and analyze key performance metrics (OKRs, KPIs and clear SLAs) and help develop operational processes that will make the accounts receivable team more efficient and effective
- Identify account delinquency attributions, and develop a collections strategy and escalation plan, and standardize a process for identifying high risk accounts prior to default
- Monitor and report on collections goals/targets, with particular focus on forecasting and performance management of geographic regions
- Identify collections process issues, develop hypotheses, and perform analyses to translate data into meaningful insights
- Train the collections team on best practices and implement scalable collections processes across high-volume B2B collections
- Collaborate with fellow leaders in Cash Applications and Invoicing to meet business objectives and develop ongoing enhancements to existing practices
- Partner with internal teams including Operations, Accounting, Business Development, and Partner Success to establish service and quality standards for customers’ collections experience
- Develop a customer centric approach to collections through strategic partnerships
- Perform credit evaluations on new customers and monitor existing customers adherence to payment terms
- Supervise staff; provide training, individual coaching, and performance reviews and create an inspiring team environment with a culture of open communication
- Determine appropriate monthly and annual reserve and communicate to accounting and leadership
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant 4-year degree
- 7 – 10 years of experience in collections and/or across operational roles with experience in a high-growth company
- Knowledge of accounts receivable, collections, basic accounting procedures and internal controls
- Strong analytical skills with a data-driven mentality, high attention to detail, and demonstrated success in problem solving and synthesizing data to provide business insights and recommendations with excellent record keeping and ability to create procedural documentation
- Ability to navigate difficult conversations and situations thoughtfully and impactfully employing a high degree of judgment, professionalism, and empathy
- A high level of energy, motivation, initiative, commitment and professionalism
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- You are excited to join and can operate in a fast-growth startup and are comfortable with constant change and ambiguity
- Ability to work proficiently within Google Suite and Microsoft Office; Excel skills are a must
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT NABIS!
- You'll work at the fastest-growing cannabis startup in the U.S.
- Unlimited PTO and flexible work-from-home policy
- Medical/Dental/Vision: 75% of employee premium paid by Nabis
- Competitive salary, 401(k) plan, and equity compensation structure
- Cannabis industry discounts at retail shops across California
Nabis is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nabis is seeking to create a diverse work environment because all teams are stronger with different perspectives and life experiences. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Nabis are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.