Nabis is the #1 Licensed Cannabis B2B Platform in the world with the largest portfolio of cannabis brands, supplying over 100 brands to 99% of California’s dispensaries and delivery services. Our mission is to empower the world to discover cannabis by providing choice, access, and innovation.
Our team, backed by Y-Combinator and from a celebrity roster of tech executives, including Doordash co-founder Stanley Tang, Gmail creator Paul Buchheit, and Twitch co-founder Justin Kan, is scaling the cannabis supply chain with technology with the ultimate goal of becoming the largest distributor of cannabis products in the world.
Nabis is seeking a reliable and motivated Operations Manager, Dispatch to support our Oakland distribution operation. This individual will oversee the distribution department by managing the Delivery Specialists and Dispatch Associates as they navigate product drop-off, payment pickups, and communication with retailers. This role will also include reviewing and preparing paperwork assisting with vehicle loading and unloading as well as scheduling delivery routes. With this, the ideal candidate will be highly organized, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, and be motivated to take ownership of their department’s accuracy and efficiency.
This role is full-time and may at times include demanding hours. This position requires prior supervisor or manager level experience in dispatch and/or distribution logistics. This position is not remote and will require daily, Monday-Friday on-site shifts at our Oakland facility.
- Work holistically with Operations Managers, Supervisors, Drivers, and Associates to ensure the timely and accurate transportation and movement of all inbound/outbound activities within the warehouse
- Schedule driver routes as well as dispatch and driver's weekly schedules
- Track daily team performance and provide feedback and training to associates as needed
- Manage a large team while monitor and tracking team’s adherence to standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Forecast and monitor staffing needs and schedules of department associates
- Provide timely and professional communication to support other Nabis departments and external partner relationships
- Collaborate with all departments (including Central Ops, Software, Finance, and People) to ensure regular and productive cross-department communication
- High empathy, excellent communication skills, and an interest in working directly with a wide array of people
- Superior time management and organization
- Tenacity and adaptability to navigate the evolving demands of working at a high-growth startup
- High EQ, low ego, and a willingness to do everything, including manual labor
- Delegation and project follow-up
- Meticulous and detail oriented
- 2+ years of experience within a warehouse or logistics setting
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of at least 5+ employees
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Familiarity with MS Office and various business software (e.g., ERP, CRM)
- Must be 21 years or older and must pass a background check
- Monday -- Friday on-site work availability
- Experience in the Cannabis industry preferred
- Supply chain / data analysis training or the equivalent work experience
- Project management and quantitative analysis expertise
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT NABIS!
- You'll work at the fastest growing cannabis startup in the U.S.
- Medical/Dental/Vision offered to all full-time employees: 75% of employee premium paid by Nabis.
- Competitive salary and compensation.
- Industry discounts at cannabis retail shops across California.
- On-site snacks and beverages.
Nabis is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nabis is seeking to create a diverse work environment because all teams are stronger with different perspectives and life experiences. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Nabis are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.