As a key member of the Naadam Hold Co. Marketing team focused on content marketing, operations, and analytics, you’ll drive critical business insights for our Executive Team while partnering with leaders throughout our portfolio of brands, Naadam, Something Navy, Thakoon and Package Free to fundamentally improve how we operate as a business. With a combination of exceptional analytical skills, strong process mapping and people management experiences, an insatiable curiosity, and an entrepreneurial, “get stuff done” mindset, you’ll help us better understand our content engines and publishing businesses and their impact on the Package Free ecosystem.
What you’ll do:
- You will be the connecting piece between e-comm and media to ensure we’re building out content that serves all sides of the business to grow our revenue streams, all backed by data and analytics.
- Company-wide Content Calendar. Own and manage the company-wide content calendar to ensure content across channels and areas of the busines are cohesive, not conflicting (newsletter, web, social, SMS, paid content). Manage Anna who will still manage social + web day-to-day scheduling, talent guidance, concept direction, production timelines, etc.
- Business Analytics and Reporting. Own content data compilation across all channels, synthesize/analyze data points, and leverage industry insights to provide a content plan-of-action recommendation to key stakeholders for approval and to content creators/executors for implementation on a weekly and monthly basis. This formula should be tweaked frequently and will evolve over time as we apply learnings in real time so that our content performance is continually improving and we are effectively reaching new users. As such, you will develop a deep understanding of our content, products, roadmap, focus channels and how they impact our ecosystem. You will define critical KPIs and partner to build key data pipelines and core operating dashboards to help teams drive operational rigor and manage performance. Be the primary point person for SN stakeholders on understanding metrics movements and trends around content health.
- Operations and Team Management. You will determine and implement operational processes for content creators/executors to follow to ensure they can efficiently ideate, plan, and execute content. This process will involve members of the content, art, e-commerce, and brand partnerships teams so strong process implementation planning and cross-functional execution experience will be critical to streamlining efforts. You will manage members of the content team and foster their career development; you will hold them accountable to following established processes. You will manage outsourced talent such as freelance writers, videographers, etc. and the budget for this type of talent as well as production budget.
- Content Marketing + Distribution/Amplification. Experience with 360 marketing and combining multiple content strategies, business objectives and processes across channels and teams will be paramount. You will identify audience personas, behavioral trends, and best practices per channel/marketing lever and work to ensure there is a consistent message/tone enforced across channels yet tweaked in a way that resonates for the specific channel and audience. You understand purposes of each focus channel and how each functions as part of the content distribution and amplification strategy. You will amplify what is working on each channel and stop content that is not working, and establish a ROI framework. You are ultimately responsible for how the content marketing strategy will manifest itself – from types of content to frequency.
- Air Traffic Controller. You will make sure all aspects of our business are being considered across channels and present your content strategy recommendations to stakeholders for approval. You will manage members of the content team and work closely with e-commerce and art team to ensure the content marketing plan is infused across the entire business. You will own decision making on when and where pieces of content should be prioritized based on business needs and revenue goals.
What we're looking for:
- Experience in a variety of strategic, analytical and operational roles. You thrive on combining rigorous data-driven analysis, strong business and product intuition and judgment, and an ability to work well across a variety of teams to solve complex problems, and have done so at a fast-growing technology company. You’ve likely had BizOps, consulting, investing, analytics, growth, and/or product management experience in a prior life. Digital media industry experience a plus.
- Ability to operate “full stack”. You can self-sufficiently query data to ask and answer your own questions, visualize data in high signal-to-noise ways that make insights clear and compelling to executives, and create project structure and execution plans to drive swift action from those insights.
- Structured “systems” thinker who also loves the details. When engaging with a problem, you balance a focus on quick wins and actionability with ways to help Pinterest efficiently solve that problem at scale through systems and repeatable processes, and are comfortable diving into the operational details with the analytical, data, product, and engineering teams that you will be closely partnered with to make it happen.
- Deep empathy for the customer. Entrepreneurial self-starter. You thrive in a fast-moving environment and are independently capable of seeking information, corralling resources, and delivering results without waiting for direction.
- High-energy, positive team player. You have a proven ability to influence without authority and build strong working relationships with business partners; this is a highly cross-functional role, so a low ego and a high instinct for collaboration are musts.