You’re a hard worker looking to grow with a great team while lending your time and talents. You enjoy working with your hands to produce results you can actually see. You believe it’s important to work with a supportive team, and you’d like to do it with a company that actually cares about your life, both inside and outside of work. Sound like you? Keep reading!
The N2 Company is America’s leading publisher of community magazines. We’re proud of our award-winning media brands – they reach millions of readers in 47 states and help great businesses connect with ideal clients – but we’re even more proud to provide supportive and fulfilling remote work opportunities for our people.
As our newest Maintenance Technician, you’ll join our Operations team as a full-time team member working in our Irving Print Facility. We’re looking for someone with strong equipment maintenance and repair skills to keep our press and binding equipment functioning at peak performance.
Interviews for this opening will be conducted over the phone and via video calls.
Think you’ve got the attitude AND the aptitude to join our team for this exciting full-time role? Keep reading and then apply today via the link below!
In a Typical Day, You Would:
- Diagnose and make necessary repairs to print facility equipment.
- Execute and document preventative maintenance for all print facility equipment to help reduce downtime events and mean time between failures.
- Ensure N2 maintains minimum inventory levels for equipment replacement parts.
- Communicate with vendors to coordinate and assist with equipment repairs.
- Oversee aspects of building maintenance affecting the print facility uptime.
- Develop the knowledge of operators to increase awareness of their impact on the equipment.
To Land This Gig, You Need to:
- Have one to three years of experience repairing or working on heavy machinery/print facility equipment (e.g. HP presses, binders, and finishing equipment).
- Have an intermediate understanding of electrical and electronic circuit blueprints, diagrams, and schematics.
- Pass a background check (including a clean motor vehicle report) and a drug test – when it comes to your safety, we don’t mess around!
- Possess a fundamental to intermediate understanding of computers.
- Effectively communicate equipment malfunctions verbally and in writing.
- Be willing to work outside of operational hours to repair and maintain equipment.
- Have the ability to disassemble and reassemble machinery components according to equipment blueprints/diagrams.
Some Things We Bring to the Table Are:
- Full health care package.
- Free basic dental.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Generous paid time off, including a one-week paid Holiday Break.
- Twelve weeks of paid maternity leave.
- Three-week paid sabbatical after the fourth year of service.
- Access to a licensed nutritionist.
- $7K toward the purchase of a first home.
- Financial planning services.
- Employee Assistance Program, with mental health services and more.
- Annual $400 wellness stipend.
- Monthly remote-work reimbursement.
- Access to LinkedIn Learning.
- Pet care discounts and insurance.
- The ability to help fight human trafficking through N2GIVES, our giving program.
While your skill set is important to us, your attitude is just as significant. Our team is made up of emotionally healthy people who genuinely enjoy working together in positions they are passionate about. We do this in a drama-free work culture based on trust, respect, and humility. We promote based on consistent, quality performance, and we intentionally nurture our team members’ professional development because we promote from within every chance we get. Our culture is more essential to us than our product, though we take a tremendous amount of pride in both. As we like to say, brilliant jerks need not apply!
Think you’d like to join the N2 team?Apply now at n2co.com/opportunities!
N2 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, natural hairstyles, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), marital status, political affiliation, military service, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. N2 conforms to the spirit as well as complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs. Consistent with these obligations, EEO also provides reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs, observances, and practices.