You’re technically savvy and analytical, driven equally by research and results. Your attention to detail means you notice opportunities and inefficiencies other people wouldn’t. You love using your analytical mind and detail-oriented personality to take data from complex systems and turn it into something useful. To do that, though, you know you’ll have to communicate with people who have less technical understanding than you, so you’ve spent some time honing your all-star communication skills.
If this sounds like you, you may be the right person for our Business Intelligence Developer opening at The N2 Company. N2 is a growing company based in Wilmington, North Carolina, though most of our team members are currently working from the comfort and safety of their homes and many will continue to have the opportunity to do so indefinitely. Our team designs, prints, and ships more than 800 monthly publications across the country. Our mission is to help small businesses win every day.
This new team member would join our Business Intelligence team to assist with monitoring the analytics of our business. Interviews will be conducted over the phone and via video calls. This role has the option to be fully remote or be located at our headquarters in Wilmington once our Home Office safely reopens.
Think you’ve got the attitude AND the aptitude to join our team for this exciting full-time role? Keep reading and then apply today via the link below!
In a Typical Day, You Would:
- Design, develop, and maintain business analytics and reporting systems for the organization.
- Create critical metrics, analytical reporting, and dashboarding solutions.
- Work with subject matter experts to determine the best sources of data to support business intelligence and analytics / reporting.
- Interpret collected data to provide strategic and technical solution recommendations, as well as business intelligence solutions.
- Interact with N2’s Senior Leadership to turn business questions into actionable insights.
- Train department leads (of both technical and non-technical teams) on how to use new reporting tool functionalities.
To Land This Gig, You Need To:
- Have a bachelor's degree, preferably in mathematics, computer science, information systems, or another industry-related field – note: sufficient and relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
- Have knowledge in data warehouse architecture / development (specifically with ETL / ELT, ODS, cubes, business analytics / reporting, SQL, etc.).
- Have a passion for research, learning, and testing.
- Have 1-2+ years experience writing moderately complex to complex SQL queries.
- Have 1-2+ years experience creating interactive and static reporting solutions.
- Be familiar with modeling and joining numerous tables into star and snowflake schemas.
- Have experience working with a modern business intelligence tool, such as QLIK Sense, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
It’s Not Required, But We’d Love It If You Also Have:
- A master’s degree, preferably in mathematics, statistics, or business analytics.
- Experience with open-source analytical software, such as R and Python.
- Knowledge of Qlik Sense set analysis and NPrinting.
- Knowledge of predictive analytics.
Some Things We Bring to the Table Are:
- Full health care package.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Generous paid time off, including Holiday Break.
- Access to a licensed nutritionist.
- $7K toward purchase of first home.
- Financial planning services.
- Employee Assistance Program services.
And while your skill set is important to us, your attitude is just as significant. Our team is made up of emotionally healthy people who genuinely enjoy working together in positions they are passionate about. We do this in a drama-free work culture based on trust, respect, and humility. We promote based on consistent, quality performance and we intentionally nurture our team members’ professional development because we promote from within every chance we get. Our culture is more important to us than our product, though we take a tremendous amount of pride in both. As we like to say, brilliant jerks need not apply!
Think you’d like to interview for this opportunity? Apply now at n2co.com/opportunities!
N2 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. N2 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.