Do you like to break stuff so you can put it back together and discover how it works? Are you passionate about coding and growing your skill set with like-minded people? Do you find fulfillment in creative problem-solving to improve the overall “big picture”? How about having in-depth, probing conversations around Ruby development projects? If this sounds like you, keep reading. We may have the role for you!
N2 is a growing company based in Wilmington, North Carolina, though most of our team members are currently working from the comfort and safety of their homes and many will continue to have the opportunity to do so indefinitely. Our team designs, prints, and ships more than 800 monthly publications across the country. Our mission is to help small businesses win every day.
Think you’re the right individual to join our team for this exciting full-time REMOTE role? Keep reading and then apply today at n2co.com/opportunities! We’ll begin conducting virtual interviews with qualified candidates right away.
In a typical day, you would:
- Develop software solutions and features to solve business problems.
- Provide customer support in the form of resolving bugs and tickets.
- Write well-designed, testable, and efficient code using software development best practices.
- Perform peer review of code, voicing your opinion in standards, security, and best practices.
- Write clear and concise documentation as needed to support future team members and projects.
- Be proficient in writing tests to reduce bugs, regressions and escaped defects.
- Create user interfaces using HTML and CSS best practices.
- Use APIs from internal services and external providers.
- Provide input on, as well as options and recommendations for, software features and system enhancements.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
To land this gig, you need:
- Entry or Mid level Ruby experience.
- The ability to demonstrate experience and proficiency in reading, writing, and reviewing code.
- An in-depth understanding of how web applications work – including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Full working knowledge of MVC application architecture.
- A comprehensive understanding of relational database systems, object-oriented programming, and web application development.
- Experience using Agile methodologies and test-driven development.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly, and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- A team-player attitude with a desire to be part of an organization making a difference in people’s lives.
It’s not required, but we’d love it if you also have:
- A 4-year degree in a computer science-related discipline or a relevant degree.
- 2-3 years of work related experience.
What we bring to the table:
- Full health care package.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Generous paid time off, including Holiday Break.
- Access to a licensed nutritionist.
- $7K toward purchase of first home.
- Financial planning services.
- Employee Assistance Program, with mental health services and more.
- Annual wellness stipend.
- Pet care discounts and insurance.
- The ability to help fight human trafficking through N2GIVES, our giving program.
And while your skill set is important to us, your attitude is just as significant. Our team is made up of emotionally healthy people who genuinely enjoy working together in positions they are passionate about. We do this in a drama-free work culture based on trust, respect, and humility. We promote based on consistent, quality performance and we intentionally nurture our team members’ professional development because we promote from within every chance we get. Our culture is more important to us than our product, though we take a tremendous amount of pride in both. As we like to say, brilliant jerks need not apply!
Think you’d like to interview for this opportunity? Apply now at n2co.com/opportunities.
N2 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, natural hairstyles, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), marital status, political affiliation, military service, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. N2 conforms to the spirit as well as complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs. Consistent with these obligations, EEO also provides reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs, observances. and practices.