*this role is open to remote working within the UK. Successful candidates will be required to travel to their closest UNiDAYS hub (London or Nottingham) on occasion.
The role in a nutshell
UNiDAYS is the world’s leading Student Affinity Network. Connecting millions of students with global brands and service providers around the world, and enabling them to build lifelong brand affinities.
Today our verification products enable brands and service providers to instantly, and securely, verify the enrolment status of student consumers, facilitating seamless gated access, through a trust framework, to exclusive benefits and personalised experiences. But that’s just the start. We believe we have the means, and opportunity, to transform our verification product offering, creating a winning position for UNiDAYS in the application of a universally recognised digital identity for young consumers.
As we set out on our journey to disrupt our own product set from within, we are looking for a proven Business Development Director with a strong entrepreneurial spirit to own and drive business growth. As a Business Development Director, you will be responsible for business growth through new enterprise scale partnerships and strategic alliances. You will act as a UNiDAYS product sales consultant, leveraging our core product set to develop and sell effective identity solutions (underpinned by rich consumer-permissioned data) to prospective partners. You will build strategies to attract and win new partnerships, driving adoption of UNiDAYS identity products and services.
This is a quota holding sales role and is commissioned on an overall revenue target.
Day to day responsibilities
- Responsible for business growth through enterprise partnerships.
- Generates, cultivates, and expands opportunities for long-term business growth.
- Builds strategies to attract new partners, and generates new areas of value driven growth for the business.
- Establishes key partnerships and strategic alliances with other organizations.
- Leverages the customers, product, infrastructure, and/or intellectual property of partners to increase distribution, reach new audiences, drive revenue, and enhance existing products.
- Contributes cross-functionally to the development of the organization's business plan, strategy, and goals.
- Performs competitive analysis, tracks industry trends, and maintains extensive knowledge of market conditions.
- Recognised as a subject matter expert, coaches and trains key account representatives on the strategic value of products and services, and influences best practices within discipline.
- Participates in outbound communications with key account representatives, assisting in identifying customer needs and building pipeline opportunities for the business unit.
What we need from you
- 3+ years experience in a senior B2B SaaS sales role.
- Proven track record in enterprise level sales negotiation and partnership development, closing annual and/or multi-year agreements.
- Experience selling to C-level and VP’s, with a proven track record of educating and challenging senior leadership teams to think differently about products, services and/or customer segments.
- Proven ability to converse both commercially and technically - satisfying customers that you understand their particular problems, challenges and service needs.
- Experience selling data centric products and/or digital identity solutions is an advantage.
- Proven contribution to business growth and product level sales strategy.
- Comfortable operating with extensive latitude for independent judgment.
- Comfortable with numbers and analyzing large data sets.
- Awareness of global data protection requirements and environment.
- Degree level graduate or equivalent experience.
We've accomplished a lot since we started in 2011, but in many ways, this is just the beginning. This is the chance for you to get in on the ground zero. An opportunity to make a difference within business with global reach.
We offer a fast paced, fun & social working environment where you can truly make an impact with your work. We work hard at UNiDAYS, but we also believe in fair compensation for hard work. That's why we're pleased to offer all employees full access to our comprehensive benefits package.
- 25 days holiday per year increasing with length of service plus flexible bank holidays
- Competitive salaries
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company share option scheme
- Private health insurance
- Income protection policy
- Life assurance policy
- Enhanced parental leave pay
- 4pm finish on Fridays
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status