*this role is open to remote working within the UK. Successful candidates will be required to travel to their closest UNiDAYS campus (London or Nottingham) on occasion. For Germany based candidates it would be a fully-remote role.
The role in a nutshell
The role presents an excellent opportunity for candidates to be part of an agile team of highly skilled developers and designers. With a hands-on approach, you will provide technical direction for design, development and maintenance of software.
We have a range of systems including our web site, mobile app, administration system, partner portal and embedded systems - used in third party websites (desktop and mobile). We are constantly developing all of these to add new features, handle increasing scale, improve usability and support new platforms.
You will be working closely with Software Architects, Lead Engineers, UX Designers, and other developers to create new and improve existing features as well as liaising with our Systems Administrators and user support team to investigate and resolve issues.
Our stack is ever growing, but currently includes:
- C# ASP.NET Core / 4.7+
- PostgreSQL / DynamoDB / Elasticsearch / SQL Server
- Graphite / InfluxDB / Grafana
- Node / Python
- HTML5/CSS3/LESS/SASS, ECMAScript 6
- Infrastructure: Docker, AWS+Cloudformation
Know something different right now? Tell us about it, we’re always open to ideas.
Day to day responsibilities
Include but not limited to
- Be a positive influence and motivate your team members
- Work with the Product and Engineering teams to deliver new features, user journeys and platform improvements
- Understand the lifecycle of tasks including inputting into requirements and writing technical specifications
- Be part of a ‘delivery with high quality’ culture that is accountability and results orientated
- Help continuously improve processes and skills
What we need from you
Passion is the most important quality you can have.
We can and will teach someone who is willing to learn. You have a good understanding of C#, HTTP and the web paradigm. You have demonstrable experience with the MVC pattern.
You push for positive change within yourself, your team, your department and your business. We want to be challenged by you and to challenge you in order to improve us both. Everything is open for review and we take continuous improvement seriously.
You have the ability to listen and take critical feedback as well as contribute to group discussions and can articulate your opinions concisely. It’s obvious to everyone around you that you have fun with your work and with your co-workers – because they are doing the same.
- Significant experience in technologies relevant to the discipline
- Broad understanding of HTTP and the web in general
- Thorough understanding of and practical experience with SOLID principles
- Passionate about your work and continuously seek to improve standards
- Happy working in a fast-paced and quickly evolving team
- Embrace and promote necessary change
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills, particularly with regard to technical risks, issues and constraints
- Demonstrate senior principles, leading by example in terms of work ethic and professional attitude
- Able to project manage work and prioritise effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player, who strives to maximise team and departmental performance
We've accomplished a lot since we started in 2011, but in many ways, this is just the beginning. This is the chance for you to get in on ground zero. An opportunity to make a difference within the business with global reach. We are the world’s largest Student Affinity Network, with over 22 million verified members in 115 markets including the US, UK, Germany, India, Canada and Australia. We work with 800 of the world’s biggest brands globally, taking their products and services into the hearts and minds of tomorrow’s professionals, delivering engagement, building affinity and sales. You’ll also be working for a Great Place to Work CertifiedTM company who have been recognised on the UK’s Best WorkplacesTM for Wellbeing 2022 list. To find out more about our workplace initiatives, see our UK exclusive case study with Great Place to Work and be sure to visit our profile for more information.
We offer a fast paced, fun & social working environment where you can truly make an impact. We believe that work should enhance and complement your life which is why we leave it up to you to decide where you work. You can choose to work from your assigned campus (either Nottingham or London) or from home, whatever works best for your individual needs. Your manager may request you attend team meet ups at your campus but other than that it is up to you! We work hard at UNiDAYS, but we also believe in fair compensation for hard work. That's why we're pleased to offer all employees full access to our comprehensive benefits package.
Our perks include:
- 25 days holiday per year increasing with length of service, plus flexible bank holidays
- Competitive salaries
- 4pm finishes every Friday
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company share option scheme
- Private health insurance (Vitality)
- Income protection policy
- Life assurance policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Enhanced parental leave pay
- Core hours with flexibility around how/when you manage your time
- Regular team building activities
- The latest tech and hardware will be supplied from day one
- Good Vibes Program: we know we’ve all had to adapt to new ways of working and UNiDAYS has always taken pride in the community we’ve created in the office but we’re just as committed to creating an innovative approach to fostering connections and improving engagement outside of the office! We want to boost your remote working experience so think virtual parties, pottery classes, wellness classes and guest speakers just to name a few!
- Support for home working for all new team members. We will help assess your home set up and you can expense £150 towards any additional furniture you may need to be safe and comfortable when working from home
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.