*this role is open to remote working within the UK. Successful candidates will be required to travel to their closest UNiDAYS hub (London or Nottingham) on occasion.
The role in a nutshell
The role presents an excellent opportunity for candidates to be part of an agile team of highly skilled developers and designers. With a hands-on approach, you will provide technical direction for design, development and maintenance of software.
We have a range of systems including our web site, mobile app, administration system, partner portal and embedded systems - used in third party websites (desktop and mobile). We are constantly developing all of these to add new features, handle increasing scale, improve usability and support new platforms.
You will be working closely with Software Architects, Lead Engineers, UX Designers, and other developers to create new and improve existing features as well as liaising with our Systems Administrators and user support team to investigate and resolve issues.
Our stack is ever growing, but currently includes:
- C# ASP.NET Core / 4.7+
- PostgreSQL / DynamoDB / Elasticsearch / SQL Server
- Graphite / InfluxDB / Grafana
- Node / Python
- HTML5/CSS3/LESS/SASS, ECMAScript 6
- Infrastructure: Docker, AWS+Cloudformation
Know something different right now? Tell us about it, we’re always open to ideas.
Day to day responsibilities
Include but not limited to
- Be a positive influence and motivate your team members
- Work with the Product and Engineering teams to deliver new features, user journeys and platform improvements
- Understand the lifecycle of tasks including inputting into requirements and writing technical specifications
- Be part of a ‘delivery with high quality’ culture that is accountability and results orientated
- Help continuously improve processes and skills
What we need from you
Passion is the most important quality you can have.
We can and will teach someone who is willing to learn. You have a good understanding of C#, HTTP and the web paradigm. You have demonstrable experience with the MVC pattern.
You push for positive change within yourself, your team, your department and your business. We want to be challenged by you and to challenge you in order to improve us both. Everything is open for review and we take continuous improvement seriously.
You have the ability to listen and take critical feedback as well as contribute to group discussions and can articulate your opinions concisely. It’s obvious to everyone around you that you have fun with your work and with your co-workers – because they are doing the same.
Evaluate and measure your own performance and seek feedback for continuous improvement. You also commit to regular check-ins with your line manager and to be proactive in completing your quarterly, Mid-Year and End of Year reviews to ensure your manager has enough time to complete before the deadline.
- Significant experience in technologies relevant to the discipline
- Broad understanding of HTTP and the web in general
- Thorough understanding of and practical experience with SOLID principles
- Passionate about your work and continuously seek to improve standards
- Happy working in a fast-paced and quickly evolving team
- Embrace and promote necessary change
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills, particularly with regard to technical risks, issues and constraints
- Demonstrate senior principles, leading by example in terms of work ethic and professional attitude
- Able to project manage work and prioritise effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player, who strives to maximise team and departmental performance
We've accomplished a lot since we started in 2011, but in many ways, this is just the beginning. This is the chance for you to get in on the ground zero. An opportunity to make a difference within business with global reach.
We offer a fast paced, fun & social working environment where you can truly make an impact with your work. We work hard at UNiDAYS, but we also believe in fair compensation for hard work. That's why we're pleased to offer all employees full access to our comprehensive benefits package. This includes:
- 25 days holiday per year increasing with length of service plus flexible bank holidays
- Competitive salaries
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company share option scheme
- Private health insurance
- Income protection policy
- Life assurance policy
- Enhanced parental leave pay
- 4pm finish on Fridays
- Free fruit, snacks, tea & proper coffee
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.