*this role is open to remote working within the UK. Successful candidates will be required to travel to their closest UNiDAYS hub (London or Nottingham) on occasion.
The role in a nutshell
At UNiDAYS, we move quickly and thoughtfully to address a variety of legal issues that come with being disruptors in the market. Our team is made of exceptionally bright professionals who work collaboratively and seek to deliver results and solve difficult problems.
UNiDAYS is looking to appoint a Privacy, Product and Compliance Counsel who will work with stakeholders across the entire organisation, including Product, Engineering, and Marketing. This role reports to the General Counsel, with a dotted line to the Board in the capacity of UNiDAYS’s Data Protection Officer.
Day to day responsibilities
- Oversee UNiDAYS’s global compliance program and privacy governance framework to manage data use both within and outside of OneTrust.
- Act as point of contact with members, supervisory authorities and internal teams on data and privacy-related matters.
- Serve as company DPO and act as a contact point for data subjects and the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
- Provide training to employees, run privacy impact assessments around our products, conduct other governance activities and oversee our data supplier audit process.
- Perform transactional work. Review and negotiate data processing agreements and other privacy and security related agreements.
- Provide legal guidance on product development initiatives relating to new and existing products and features throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Collaborate with the Information Security team to maintain records of all data assets and exports, and maintaining a data privacy and security incident management plan to ensure timely remediation of incidents including impact assessments, security breach response, complaints, claims or notifications, respond to regulatory agencies and respond to subject access requests (SARs).
- Effectively communicate global privacy laws and regulations (e.g., GDPR, CCPA, CPRA, LGPD) and general compliance guidance to cross-functional stakeholders, work with stakeholders to implement and operationalize such laws into our products and technology.
What we need from you
- Strong experience working with privacy compliance.
- Qualified lawyer in the United Kingdom.
- Strong knowledge of EU data privacy and data protection regulation, and a solid understanding of other major privacy frameworks and evolving legislation.
- Experience working in a regulated industry preferred, particularly multi-level marketing or gaming.
- Experience as a DPO or experience guiding DPOs within a business.
- Data Protection and/or Privacy certification such as CIPP, CIPT, CIPM, ISEB, etc.(preferred).
- Knowledge of information technology, engineering and data management systems preferred.
- Highly organised, self-motivated, and pro-active.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage time well, prioritise effectively and manage multiple deadlines effectively.
- Experience conducting impactful review using OneTrust preferred.
- Exceptional legal research skills, skilful drafting, and issue-spotting.
We've accomplished a lot since we started in 2011, but in many ways, this is just the beginning. This is the chance for you to get in on the ground zero. An opportunity to make a difference within business with global reach.
We offer a fast paced, fun & social working environment where you can truly make an impact with your work. We work hard at UNiDAYS, but we also believe in fair compensation for hard work. Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- 25 days holiday per year increasing with length of service plus flexible bank holidays
- Competitive salaries
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company share option scheme
- Private health insurance
- Income protection policy
- Life assurance policy
- Enhanced parental leave pay
- 4pm finish on Fridays
- Free fruit, snacks, tea & proper coffee
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.