*this role is open to remote working within the UK. Successful candidates will be required to travel to their closest UNiDAYS hub (London or Nottingham) on occasion.
The role in a nutshell
In the role of Market Development Director you own the market strategy and relationships with stakeholders, agencies and partners. You will work to develop a GTM plan to grow members and partners in India. You will be the internal and external evangelist for the Indian market; understanding the market dynamics, and requirements to succeed. The main focus will be to develop and execute strong partner and member plans to grow our presence India. You will develop and sell effective Student specific go-to-market strategies for our premium/enterprise level partner portfolio. You will create long term strategic roadmaps to continually drive performance in India.
This is a great opportunity for a highly driven individual with strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Someone with strong commercial acumen whilst understanding the levers needed to drive member growth.
Day to day responsibilities
- Lead the market development process including developing a GTM plan, identifying resource requirements, and executing on the plan
- Work with the data and insights team to develop a strong understanding of the student marketing India
- Develop and execute a member strategy to grow our reach significantly within the first 3, 6 and 12 months; identify resource requirements such as local agency, build a plan for approval and execute
- Develop a strong partner strategy to achieve circa 60% reach in a vertical
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key Partner stakeholders and executive sponsors such that all UNiDAYS activities are closely aligned with the Partner's business case and business strategy.
- Generate revenue towards a defined quarterly quota established for revenue earned from advertising solutions, and our product suites based on their book of business.
- Manage the P&L for India and meet financial goals set by the company
- Be a product level expert and sounding board for questions around how to position our products in the market
- Develop and present In-person product pitches.
- Spend in excess of 50% of your time with partners.
- Act as an Indian market expert and evangelist for UNiDAYS promoted products.
- Provide deep knowledge and insight to our internal teams in order to drive creative and long term improvements to our platform offering.
- Have a deep understanding and excitement for how to connect and market to Gen Z/Students.
- Take the UNiDAYS proposition as the World’s number one Student AFFINITY Network to Performance/Brand Marketiers (client direct), Affiliate Partners and Media agencies
What we need from you
- Proven experience in marketing & commercial role, strong management experience
- Experience in managing a P&L
- Local language and local market knowledge is essential
- A deep understanding of the online advertising industry with a focus on the tools and technologies that enable ad serving, insights/surveying, philanthropic marketing, and retail/in-store experience.
- A strong understanding of the marketplace dynamics and how to drive growth
- Experience selling to C-levels and VP’s that hold brand and advertising budgets.
- Experience with partner/agency/alliance management, business development and negotiations
- Experience with direct advertiser sales, including negotiations and management of strategic partnerships
- Able to develop comprehensive forward looking plans and execute against them with both strategic and tactical initiatives
- Team player with a positive and dynamic personality
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong planning and organisational capabilities
- Ability to travel
We've accomplished a lot since we started in 2011, but in many ways, this is just the beginning. This is the chance for you to get in on the ground zero. An opportunity to make a difference within business with global reach.
We offer a fast paced, fun & social working environment where you can truly make an impact with your work. We work hard at UNiDAYS, but we also believe in fair compensation for hard work. This includes:
- 25 days holiday per year increasing with length of service plus flexible bank holidays
- Competitive salaries
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company equity scheme
- Private health insurance
- Income protection policy
- Life assurance policy
- Enhanced parental leave pay
- 4pm finish on Fridays
- Free fruit, snacks, tea & proper coffee
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.