*this role is open to remote working within the UK. Successful candidates will be required to travel to their closest UNiDAYS hub (London or Nottingham) on occasion.
The role in a nutshell
We’re passionate about digital analytics, and are looking for an equally minded Digital Analytics expert to transform and optimise UNiDAYS’ member experience. At its core, this role will be responsible for identifying, recommending, and driving improvements to our digital analytics tool implementation, reporting, and usage.
As a digital analyst at UNiDAYS, your primary objective is to guide our evolving digital analytics strategy. You’ll achieve this by providing the business with a continuously optimised understanding of performance, across both our website and mobile apps.
You’ll be in the thick of it - whether it’s analysing the success of our marketing campaigns, new product features, bespoke commercial arrangements with our retail partners, or simply ensuring our tools and their implementation are set up for long term success - you’ll always be challenged in an engaging and fast-paced environment.
Spanning many tools including Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Segment, you’ll get hands-on, working closely with product and engineering teams to improve the implementation of our tools and their usage across our business. You’ll be tasked with the improvement of both digital analytics analysis capabilities, tools, implementation, and subsequent business processes.
Day to day responsibilities
- Be accountable for UNiDAYS’ tracking and tagging strategy, maintaining and consistently improving our implementation and its associated documentation
- Raise the digital analytics profile across the business, designing and executing initiatives that drive self-serve digital analytics at UNiDAYS
- Accelerate UNiDAYS marketing attribution and reporting capabilities and culture
- Partner closely with commercial and marketing teams to provide detailed ad-hoc insights into the performance of internal and external marketing campaigns
- Provide deep and extensive analysis and insight, ranging from daily trading to more long term strategic initiatives including 3 yr planning
- Proactively uncover insights into our web and app performance, conveying recommendations across the business ensuring they’re easily understood and easily actioned
- Support A/B testing of site functionality, page design, marketing, and product initiatives to measure uplift in core business KPIs
- Support leadership to develop our data and insights roadmaps
- Ambassador for the team - raise the profile of the team through showcasing insight work across the business (ie. through ad-hoc training, lunch, and learns)
- Work with other members of the Data, Product and Technology team to support changes to our digital assets and the development of data layer to track key variables
- Keep abreast of market and industry trends outside of the business to support our long-term vision and strategy
- Creation and maintenance of automated, actionable reports and dashboards, benchmarking website/ product performance
- Evaluate and measure your own performance, seeking feedback for continuous improvement. Commit to regular check-ins with your line manager and manage upwards where appropriate.
What we need from you
- Experience as a digital/web analyst working with tools like Google or Adobe Analytics
- Experience working with digital analytics implementation - with experience designing, implementing, and testing implementation of site features and functionality
- Strong digital analytics analysis skills, using digital analytics tools to analyse complex web/app problems, identifying cause and effect, to deliver insightful and practical recommendations on the back of them
- Created and maintained automated, actionable reports and dashboards, benchmarking website/ product performance
- Familiarity with tag management technologies, such as Google Tag Manager, Tealium, Ensighten or similar
- Experience working with (and even designing) marketing attribution
- Comfortable working with URLs, URL parameters, and debugging implementation/tracking
- Confident with data collection and analysis tooling, such as the GA 360 suite.
- Any experience working hands-on with clickstream data very much desired
- Strong familiarity with organisational processes that encourage self-serve digital analytics
- Experience of additional analytical languages and tools is desirable; SQL, R, Python, Tableau
- Experience in taking a business question or problem and turning it into an insight brief
- Strong storytelling/narrative development to effectively
- Comfortable presenting insights to large groups and key stakeholders
- Proficiency in SQL, scripting and Excel - use with limited supervision
- Familiarity in using data warehouse and BI platforms; including metric creation, report/dashboard/visualization development desired but not essential
- Experience is setting up, managing and analysing multivariate testing across out digital assets desired but not essential
We've accomplished a lot since we started in 2011, but in many ways, this is just the beginning. This is the chance for you to get in on the ground zero. An opportunity to make a difference within business with global reach.
We offer a fast paced, fun & social working environment where you can truly make an impact with your work. We work hard at UNiDAYS, but we also believe in fair compensation for hard work. Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- 25 days holiday per year increasing with length of service plus flexible bank holidays
- Competitive salaries
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company share option scheme
- Private health insurance
- Income protection policy
- Life assurance policy
- Enhanced parental leave pay
- 4pm finish on Fridays
- Free fruit, snacks, tea & proper coffee
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.