*this role is open to remote working within the UK. Successful candidates will be required to travel to their closest UNiDAYS hub (London or Nottingham) on occasion.
The role in a nutshell
As a Senior Insight Analyst at UNiDAYS, your primary objective is to lead the provision of sophisticated data analysis, business intelligence, modeling and research services that increase the understanding of current and potential members. You’ll help UNiDAYS model and derive insights into the implications of proposed key strategic decisions, helping influence the direction of our business. You’ll also work with our external retail partners to help identify, validate and measure opportunities for growth.
This role will partner with UNiDAYS leadership to provide analytical support to new strategic initiatives. As part of our growing analytics team, you’ll work on business-critical topics such as student verification, product exploration, business forecasts, commercial insight deep dives and marketing analysis initiatives.
Day to day responsibilities
- Partner closely with senior leadership to provide analytical support as the business grows into new areas of opportunity, taking ownership for specific key focus areas
- Design, plan and manage concurrent insight projects end to end (projects that may have one analyst or several analysts working together)
- Build and leverage stakeholder relationships, following up on previous projects and helping the business to understand their value whilst identifying opportunities for new projects
- Provide required analytics guidance to help develop the insight team roadmaps
- Gather and present insights to the business, following up with actionable recommendations
- Support ad-hoc insights requests, finding solutions that automate frequently requested analysis
- Support the development of best practices around statistics, coding, visualisation, storytelling, QA, project delivery
- Ambassador for the team - raise the profile of the team through showcasing insight work across the business (ie. through ad-hoc training, lunch and learns)
- Evaluate and measure your own performance, seeking feedback for continuous improvement.
What we need from you
- Experience as an insight analyst or similar
- Proficiency in SQL, as well as advanced analysis languages (Python, R or similar)
- Experience of hypothesis definition, designing, implementing and analysing A/B tests
- Familiarity using data warehouse and BI platforms; including metric creation and report development
- Experience forecasts against key KPIs as a measure of estimating future performance
- Experienced storytelling using insights, and presenting this to senior stakeholders
- Multiple cycles of success whilst under limited managerial supervision
- Experience in delivering actionable insight to support decision making in marketing, commercial, product, operational and/or strategic decisions
- Experience taking a business question or problem and turning it into an insight brief
- Experience using extracted data, and bringing it together for analysis
- Experience applying a range of analytical and statistical techniques to answer a variety of analytical questions
- Experience of managing project work of yourself and others - effectively planning parts of the project and delegating to other insight analysts accordingly
We've accomplished a lot since we started in 2011, but in many ways, this is just the beginning. This is the chance for you to get in on the ground zero. An opportunity to make a difference within business with global reach.
We offer a fast paced, fun & social working environment where you can truly make an impact with your work. We work hard at UNiDAYS, but we also believe in fair compensation for hard work. Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- 25 days holiday per year increasing with length of service plus flexible bank holidays
- Competitive salaries
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company share option scheme
- Private health insurance
- Income protection policy
- Life assurance policy
- Enhanced parental leave pay
- 4pm finish on Fridays
- Free fruit, snacks, tea & proper coffee
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.