The role in a nutshell
The Commercial Director - North America will be responsible for the success and growth of our North American markets and US-managed partnerships from both a domestic and global perspective. You will lead the US commercial organization, establishing a commercial center of excellence for the region, developing core partnership capabilities and talent, and growing the team in line with our goals for the market.
Teams across our global commercial organization are structured in the following way:
- New Business Management
- Strategic Account Management
- Customer Success
The Commercial Director ensures that best practice across each function is being adhered to at a market level, provides strong coaching and leadership, and ensures UNiDAYS successfully captures regional audience growth, engagement and revenue targets.
You’ll work closely with the key stakeholders in the business across Operations, Marketing, Legal, and Senior Leadership to define the regional growth strategy and plan and to oversee delivery at a market level.
While UNiDAYS has developed a suite of global standards and a playbook for success, there is room to innovate on process and approach in each market, creating the conditions necessary to win.
Our primary partner value proposition is viewed by the market and our partners as a student discount affiliate organization. Few of our partners understand the true value we can offer them. We’re looking for the right personality to bring us to those conversations and strategic discussions to maximize long-term business value.
We are looking for a commercial leader who can educate the market and our partners on the true value of UNiDAYS. Namely that we’re the perfect partner for any organization that has an interest in generating mutual benefit for themselves and students.
Day to day responsibilities
- Set out the growth plan for North America, aligned to global strategy, business goals, and regional commercial imperatives.
- Lead and manage the US commercial team, developing core capabilities and competencies.
- Ensure revenue goals and targets are met and exceeded.
- Oversee all campaign activity in the US and ensure we are monetizing each campaign consistently and optimally.
- Ensure an optimum monetization approach for all inventory and data assets.
- Provide regular reporting to senior management, team members, and the business regarding performance and goal setting.
- Bring together other department leaders and stakeholders for the benefit of the market’s needs and goals.
- Provide relevant front-line market insight back into the business.
- Champion commercial challenges, driving innovations, and solutions within the business and through partners/suppliers.
- Continually coach, mentor and direct your team members based on strategic objectives and business priorities.
- Ensure all team members are skilled in upselling all products and services.
- Bring out the very best in your team, ensure strong performance management of all team members.
- Be responsible for the operational efficiency of your team.
What we need from you
With a firm grasp on the industry you are able to provide strategic direction for UNiDAYS partners and can understand and digest the market by vertical. You take these learnings and direct the internal teams to build scalable solutions for our partners.
You can easily pull from your experience to create innovative frameworks, strategies and approaches that position UNiDAYS, and the Student Affinity Network, as a thought leader and innovator across multiple verticals. As a strategic thinker you - can take real-world partner feedback and build a case for internal resources to drive partner-led commercial innovation. Internally you are the voice of the commercial team and use this to help deliver these solutions.
Externally you are comfortable with large speaking engagements and are able to clearly and articulately position the vision and the advantage of UNiDAYS to the wider industry. You will sit on panels and present at industry events.
We are looking for a tenacious commercial leader, who can come in, and leverage their professional network to help form strong strategic partnerships with leading DTC Brands across North America.
- Proven experience of having a track record leading managers, account management and/or sales teams.
- US market experience is key - global experience an advantage.
- Experience in building and scaling teams and developing commercial capability within an organization.
- Ability to manage multiple partners and stakeholders at senior executive and C-Level within prestigious businesses.
- Ability to package, negotiate and sell complex, global media campaigns and solutions.
- Skilled at managing expectations both internally and externally.
- A keen interest in the technology industry and the student demographic - domain experience an advantage.
- An understanding of retail and the convergence of offline and online is a strong plus - platform and/or marketplace experience an advantage.
- Strong desire to coach, mentor and train.
- A love of deal-making and commercial execution.
- A willingness for international travel and sometimes unsociable hours
- Experience and love of data - you enjoy finding powerful stories from the numbers you analyze.
- Comfortable with numbers and analyzing large data sets.
- Impeccable communication, written and presentation skills.
- Meticulously organized and excellent time management.
- IT proficient and experience in using the Google products / Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience using Salesforce and related analytical tools.
We've accomplished a lot since we started in 2011, but in many ways, this is just the beginning. This is the chance for you to get in on the ground zero. An opportunity to make a difference within business with global reach.
We offer a fast paced, fun & social working environment where you can truly make an impact with your work. We work hard at UNiDAYS, but we also believe in fair compensation for hard work. That's why we're pleased to offer all employees full access to our comprehensive benefits package. This includes:
- Competitive compensation
- Bonus scheme
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits (+voluntary benefits!)
- Employee development programs
- 401k company match
- Generous vacation policy
- Flexible working
- Office events (happy hours, summer/holiday parties, etc)
- Clubs & committees
- Fruit + snacks in office
- Cold brew on tap
- GREAT people!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.