The role in a nutshell
UNiDAYS is the world’s leading Student Affinity Network. Connecting millions of students with global brands and service providers around the world, and enabling them to build lifelong brand affinities.
Today our verification products enable brands and service providers to instantly, and securely, verify the enrolment status of student consumers, facilitating seamless gated access, through a trust framework, to exclusive benefits and personalised experiences. But that’s just the start. We believe we have the means, and opportunity, to transform our verification product offering, creating a winning position for UNiDAYS in the application of a digital identity for students.
As we set out on our journey to disrupt our own product set from within, we are looking for a tenacious Product Manager to own and drive the vision and execution of our verification and identity products.
You’re a passionate customer-centric and tech-savvy Head of Product who thrives in a fast paced and growing environment. You have an in-depth understanding of Product Lifecycle Management and agile principles. You will have previous experience working as Product Owner as part of a Scrum or Kanban squad. Expertise managing verification and identity products will be, as you would expect, an advantage, but not essential. You’ll have bags of enthusiasm, tenacity and experience in managing stakeholders, and the ability to make a big difference from day one.
You thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. You’re unafraid to challenge when it’s appropriate, and you understand that creating and delivering a great product experience involves input from across the business. You can work autonomously and be as comfortable handling details as you are thinking big. You will have demonstrable expertise in ideating, gaining support for and delivering material change, products and initiatives.
Day to day responsibilities
- Own the vision and execution of our verification and identity products, aligned to business strategy and desired outcomes, tracking overall market and competitive dynamics.
- Develop products and services that enable UNiDAYS to accurately verify students’ enrollment status, and affiliation with academic institutions.
- Build a defensible position as market leader within student verification, and create products that enable us to further leverage our verification capabilities.
- Develop business cases for products and features, propose product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses.
- Determine success criteria for all products and features, driving adoption, and measuring performance post release.
- Act as intermediary between market/business requirements and engineering, advocating for the product internally.
- Prevent roadblocks across teams, to meet business objectives, delivery timelines and quality standards.
- Understand partner and stakeholder needs, prioritising and scoping solutions with technical teams.
- Understand what the market and end-users need, working across departments to bring the product to life, communicating the voice of the customer.
- Manage the long-term road map, involving internal teams, prospects, partners, and other groups.
What we need from you
- Commercial experience in a senior product role.
- Degree level graduate or equivalent experience.
- Proven contribution to business and product level strategy.
- Proven track record of developing new products and taking them all the way through the product life cycle.
- Proven experience translating business requirements into technical specifications with very strong analytical skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Deep appreciation for an insight driven and customer centric approach to product development.
- Thought leadership and problem solving skills.
- Stakeholder engagement, conflict resolution and communication skills.
- Demonstrable understanding and appreciation of product theory, Lean, Agile etc.
- Experience working within highly autonomous cross functional squads.
- Demonstrable use of product tools such as Trello, Prod Pad and tech tools such as Jira and GitHub.
We've accomplished a lot since we started in 2011, but in many ways, this is just the beginning. This is the chance for you to get in on the ground zero. An opportunity to make a difference within business with global reach.
We offer a fast paced, fun & social working environment where you can truly make an impact with your work. We work hard at UNiDAYS, but we also believe in fair compensation for hard work. That's why we're pleased to offer all employees full access to our comprehensive benefits package. This includes:
- 25 days holiday per year increasing with length of service plus flexible bank holidays
- Competitive salaries
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company equity scheme
- Private health insurance
- Income protection policy
- Life assurance policy
- Enhanced parental leave pay
- 4pm finish on Fridays
- Free fruit, snacks, tea & proper coffee
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.