The role in a nutshell
This role is remote-first but will require travel when restrictions are eased.
This role is a great opportunity to lead a fantastic analytics team, as part of a growing Data & Insight department at UNiDAYS.
The Data & Insight team has rebuilt, from the ground up, their data analytics infrastructure, paving the way for more advanced and sophisticated analytical solutions to be created. The successful candidate will own the analytics strategy for the business and lead the team to ensure we leverage value from our data, across many areas of the business.
This ideal candidate is someone who has both technical and line management experience in analytics, proven strong commercial skills to identify opportunities and is excited to shape the next phase of our strategy with data and insight at its core.
Day to day responsibilities
- Own the Analytics Strategy for the Insights team, ensuring alignment with the wider Data & Insight / UNiDAYS’ strategy
- Own the development and communication of the Analytics Roadmap
- Work with stakeholders at all levels to understand business questions and identify how insight can answer these questions
- Lead your team, and in collaboration with business teams, turn insights into measurable, valuable, data-driven solutions
- Work with leaders across the business to put data and insight at the centre of our value proposition to our member, partners and our core business operations
- Take a lead role in determining how to make our member journey measurable and using this data to drive insights into improving this experience for members
- Take a lead role in developing our analytical solutions we can provide our partners
- Work alongside the Data team to define data requirements and ensure our data is fit for purpose to drive the business insight needs
- Managing projects with complex requirements with multiple stakeholders to a successful conclusion
- Effectively prioritise projects to ensure the team are spending their time on the most valuable work
- Line manage the Member Insight team; taking responsibility for the career development of individuals within your team
- Research, selection and deployment of market leading analysis and data processing tools
- Lead the team through the use of statistical modelling and analytics tools (such as R, Python, GA) to deliver measurable outcomes
- Lead your team through the use of data visualisation tools and storytelling with data
- Work with leads within the team to improve internal ways of working within the team
- Develop and champion best practice in analytics techniques
What we need from you
- Experience in senior analytics or consultancy roles, including experience leading teams in these areas, preferably with digital, retail, financial, commercial or marketing background.
- Experience developing analytics and insight strategies to set direction for the team
- Experience working with stakeholders at all levels to understand business questions, gather and scope requirements and provide recommendations to meet the needs of the business and the wider data strategy
- Experience managing projects with complex requirements with multiple stakeholders to a successful conclusion, developing best practice and processes for managing insight projects
- Experienced in research, selection and deployment of market leading analysis tools
- Using data to help sculpt value propositions for customers and/ or equivalent consumers
- Experience in line managing and leading a team of insight analysts
- Creating and directing measuring frameworks and tagging strategies
- Project management experience in developing insight roadmaps
- Hands-on experience in managing the technical development of junior members of the team
- Hands-on experience in using and managing teams using AWS or Google data solutions;
- Hands-on experience in using and managing teams using statistical techniques - ie regression, significance testing, forecasting
- Experience with reporting tools ie Tableau, Power BI
- Experience with statistical modelling and analytics tools such as R and Python
- Experience with using third party analytical tools / solutions ie. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Segment, Optimizely
- Experience in developing frameworks and methods to ensure your team adheres to GDPR and internal data governance and policies
We've accomplished a lot since we started in 2011, but in many ways, this is just the beginning. This is the chance for you to get in on the ground zero. An opportunity to make a difference within business with global reach.
We offer a fast paced, fun & social working environment where you can truly make an impact with your work. We work hard at UNiDAYS, but we also believe in fair compensation for hard work. That's why we're pleased to offer all employees full access to our comprehensive benefits package. This includes:
- 25 days holiday per year increasing with length of service plus flexible bank holidays
- Competitive salaries
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company equity scheme
- Private health insurance
- Income protection policy
- Life assurance policy
- Enhanced parental leave pay
- 4pm finish on Fridays
- Free fruit, snacks, tea & proper coffee
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.