This role is remote-first but will require travel when restrictions are eased.
The role in a nutshell
It's a great time to join our growing Finance team where you will be instrumental in the success of the team and the wider company by ensuring the accurate and timely collection of monies in line with agreed company procedures.
In support of the Billing and Credit Control Team Leader, the role of Billing and Credit Controller is responsible for a global portfolio of accounts, dealing with the collection and recovery of commercial debts through effective customer chasing, efficient query resolution, timely allocation of receipts and assisting with the accurate processing of invoices and credit notes.
The role has a variety of duties which will require pro-activity, determination and the ability to meet strict deadlines. This coupled with a strong desire to maximise debt collection whilst providing excellent customer service.
Day to day responsibilities
- Be UNiDAYS first point of contact for credit control related activity for a designated portfolio of accounts, dealing with online retailers, media agencies and affiliate networks specifically across the Australia and EMEA regions
- Collect outstanding debt in line with departmental metrics and company policy, such as DSO, CEI, aged debtor profile etc
- Pro-actively chase outstanding invoices by means of phone calls and e-mails
- Resolve queries in a timely and effective manner
- Produce and distribute monthly statement of accounts
- Post and allocate bank receipts; accurately and promptly
- Take credit card payments over the phone
- Escalate and report on non paying customers / disputes through agreed internal processes and ensure collection notes are kept up to date
- Negotiate payment plans
- Assist with the monthly billing cycle and gain knowledge and understanding of the billing and collection processes ie "Know your Customer"
- Own and be responsible for the upkeep of customer master data
- Opening new customer accounts
- Maintain effective good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Attend internal meetings with Finance and Commercial teams as required
- Willingness to travel when required
- Any other ad-hoc tasks as delegated by the Global Billing and Credit Control Manager eg raising
- Credit notes, bad debt reviews, producing reports and administrative duties etc
What we need from you:
- Have experience in B2B credit control experience
- Good commercial awareness - have an understanding of the Sales Ledger, associated bookkeeping and month end duties
- You will have dealt with a variety of B2B accounts, chasing transactional debt ranging from a few pounds to a million plus
- Have experience of or exposure to billing / invoicing
- Have relevant Excel skills such as using vlookups, pivot tables, sumifs etc
- Proven ability to work unaided or as part of a team
- Flexibility in terms of working hours as there is a requirement to attend conference calls and customers calls within our global regions
- Experience of Microsoft NAV and/or Salesforce
- Knowledge of credit checking
- Knowledge of legal and pre legal processes
- Experience of dealing with customers on a global scale
- Previous exposure of working closely with a commercial sales team
We've accomplished a lot since we started in 2011, but in many ways, this is just the beginning. This is the chance for you to get in on the ground zero. An opportunity to make a difference within business with global reach.
We offer a fast paced, fun & social working environment where you can truly make an impact with your work. We work hard at UNiDAYS, but we also believe in fair compensation for hard work. That's why we're pleased to offer all employees full access to our comprehensive benefits package. This includes:
- 25 days holiday per year increasing with length of service plus flexible bank holidays
- Competitive salaries
- Tram to work scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Income protection policy
- Life assurance policy
- 4pm finish on Fridays
- Flexible working
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.