UNiDAYS is the world’s leading student affinity network. With over 13m student members and 800 brand partnerships worldwide, our platform provides student members with instant gated access to exclusive pricing, offers, benefits and hosted content from their favorite brands.
We are on a mission to give students the power to make every experience more valuable and rewarding; and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Strategic Account Director to join our North America team in NYC, and lead the strategic development and growth of our fashion partner category.
The role in a nutshell
As a Strategic Account Director, you will own the strategic relationship with a portfolio of UNiDAYS’ enterprise level partners—consisting of industry-leading DTC fashion brands and innovative retailers. You will act as a UNiDAYS product sales consultant, leveraging our core products to develop and sell effective Gen Z student specific go-to-market strategies and solutions, for new and existing enterprise brand partners. You will create and execute against long-term strategic account plans and roadmaps, driving strong YoY growth, and high performance, for both the accounts you own and the wider fashion partner brand category at UNiDAYS.
This is a quota holding sales role and is commissioned on an overall brand category revenue target.
Day to day responsibilities
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with enterprise partner stakeholders and executive sponsors, such that all UNiDAYS activities are closely aligned with partners’ business goals and strategy.
- Lead the account planning cycle, working alongside customer success to ensure partners’ needs and expectations are met.
- Achieve top-line revenue targets, based on your quarterly quota, navigating internal resources and capabilities to build revenue across multiple product lines.
- Consistently achieve/exceed campaign sales goals, creating and executing against ambitious account plans that deliver break-through account growth, and sustainable ROI for partners.
- Expand on your book of business, leveraging key agency and partner relationships to target high value partnerships that currently sit outside of our existing brand portfolio.
- Work cohesively with customer success to uncover partner needs and tie those needs to our specific set of products.
- Be a product level expert and sounding board for questions around how to position our products appropriately to existing partners and prospects.
- Develop and present in-person product pitches.
- Spend in excess of 50% of your time with partners.
- Act as an online advertising expert and evangelist for UNiDAYS promoted products.
- Provide deep knowledge and insight to our internal teams in order to drive creative and long term improvements to our platform offering.
- Have a deep understanding and excitement for how to connect and market to Gen Z students consumers.
What we need from you
- Degree level graduate or equivalent experience.
- Experience in advertising sales, marketing, consulting, or media roles.
- Demonstrable background in the fashion / retail sector, working agency and/or brand side, with a strong industry network.
- A deep understanding of the online advertising industry with a focus on the tools and technologies that enable ad serving, insights/surveying, philanthropic marketing, and retail/in-store experience.
- Proven ability to navigate customer organizational structures, identifying and building relationships with executives and stakeholders.
- Proven ability selling to C-levels and VP’s that hold brand and advertising budgets.
- Experience with partner/agency/alliance management, business development and negotiations
- Experience with direct advertiser sales, including negotiations and management of strategic partnerships
- Proven ability to develop comprehensive, forward looking plans and execute against them with both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to navigate conflict and foster honest dialog.
- Ability to quickly grasp and distinctly explain technological and business concepts.
We've accomplished a lot since we started in 2011, but in many ways, this is just the beginning. This is the chance for you to get in on the ground zero. An opportunity to make a difference within business with global reach.
We offer a fast paced, fun & social working environment where you can truly make an impact with your work. We work hard at UNiDAYS, but we also believe in fair compensation for hard work. That's why we're pleased to offer all employees full access to our comprehensive benefits package. This includes:
- Competitive compensation
- Bonus scheme
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits (+voluntary benefits!)
- Employee development programs
- 401k company match
- Generous vacation policy
- Flexible working
- Office events (happy hours, summer/holiday parties, etc)
- Clubs & committees
- Fruit + snacks in office
- Cold brew on tap
- GREAT people!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.