*this role is open to remote working within the UK. Successful candidates will be required to travel to their closest UNiDAYS hub (London or Nottingham) on occasion.
The role in a nutshell
The role presents an excellent opportunity for candidates to be part of an agile team of highly skilled developers and designers leading the development of our native iOS app and its future advancement.
You will be working closely with Engineering Managers, Product Teams and UI/UX Designers as well as collaborating with the iOS Development team to enrich our flagship platform by adding new features and optimising user journeys.
Day to day responsibilities
Include but not limited to
- Be a positive influence and motivate your team members
- Work with the Product and Engineering teams to deliver new features, user journeys and platform improvements
- Understand the lifecycle of tasks including inputting into requirements and writing technical specifications
- Be part of a ‘delivery with high quality’ culture that is accountability and results orientated
- Help continuously improve processes and skills
What we need from you
Passion is the most important quality you can have. You take pride in your work, and are driven to deliver great software.
Mobile technology excites and motivates you. You understand the opportunities that the mobile space affords and are inspired by the almost endless possibilities that the technology can offer for the future. You will have a vision of how technology can be applied within the App to add value and drive engagement.
You push for positive change within yourself, your team, your department and your business. We want to be challenged by you and to challenge you in order to improve us both. Everything is open for review and we take continuous improvement seriously.
You have a good sense of humour and excellent communication skills. You have the ability to listen and take critical feedback as well as contribute to group discussions and can articulate your opinions concisely. It’s obvious to everyone around you that you have fun with your work and with your co-workers – because they are doing the same.
You love to teach and learn from your co-workers and we love to teach you too. Tell us what you have been reading recently and what has been piquing your interest at the moment.
- Significant iOS development experience
- Good working knowledge of Swift
- Good understanding of interacting with Web APIs
- Firm grasp of SOLID principles, OO and DDD
- Passionate about your work and continuously seek to improve standards
- Happy working in a fast paced and quickly evolving team
- Analytical and diagnostic skills, particularly with regard to technical risks, issues and constraints
- Proven track record of leading app development projects
- Able to motivate and mentor others
- Demonstrate senior principles, leading by example in terms of work ethic and professional attitude
We've accomplished a lot since we started in 2011, but in many ways, this is just the beginning. This is the chance for you to get in on the ground zero. An opportunity to make a difference within business with global reach.
We offer a fast paced, fun & social working environment where you can truly make an impact with your work. We work hard at UNiDAYS, but we also believe in fair compensation for hard work. Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- 25 days holiday per year increasing with length of service plus flexible bank holidays
- Competitive salaries
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company share option scheme
- Private health insurance
- Income protection policy
- Life assurance policy
- Enhanced parental leave pay
- 4pm finish on Fridays
- Free fruit, snacks, tea & proper coffee
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.