The role in a nutshell
The position is offered as a remote role within the UK.
The role presents an excellent opportunity for candidates to hold a senior position in an agile team of highly skilled mobile developers working to advance our feature-rich app using the latest technologies and methodologies.
As a Lead iOS Engineer, you will lead and manage a team of engineers whilst contributing technically to projects. You will be working closely with Engineering Managers, Product Teams and UI/UX Designers to enrich our flagship platform by adding new features and optimising user journeys.
Day to day responsibilities
Include but not limited to
- Being the domain expert for the iOS project
- Planning a technical roadmap of the iOS app
- Overseeing the delivery of software into Production
- Ensuring that testing and QA has taken place
- Mentoring team members
- Ensure that any technical debt is paid off (planned against product work)
- Assisting the “Head of” with debugging the team
- Unblocking the team to help smooth delivery of software
- Designing solutions which are the right fit for the problem statement
- Involving the team in solutions design
- Checking-in regularly with team members to ensure they’re delivering MVP
- Supporting the “Head of” in the delivery of the Product vision to the team
What we need from you
The Lead is responsible for ensuring that all solutions are appropriate for the problem they solve, and that they align with UNiDAYS mission. You will be responsible for ensuring effective outcomes to problems, whilst making sure that the existing technical stack is well managed. You will spend a significant amount of time mentoring other team members, which enables them to deliver value more frequently, and more independently.
You have a good sense of humour and excellent communication skills. You have the ability to listen and take critical feedback as well as contribute to group discussions and can articulate your opinions concisely. It’s obvious to everyone around you that you have fun with your work and with your co-workers – because they are doing the same.
You love to teach and learn from your co-workers and we love to teach you too. Tell us what you have been reading recently and what has been piquing your interest at the moment.
- An ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people
- Great communication skills
- A track record of previously coaching teams
- An ability to voice your opinion in regard to technical problems
- Previous leadership and managerial experience or a desire to develop in this area
- Relevant experience as a senior or lead App engineer
- Solid experience of iOS development experience
- Strong knowledge of Swift
- Strong understanding of interacting with Web APIs
- Firm grasp of SOLID principles, OO and DDD
- Strong understanding of and experience with testing practices
We've accomplished a lot since we started in 2011, but in many ways, this is just the beginning. This is the chance for you to get in on the ground zero. An opportunity to make a difference within business with global reach.
We offer a fast paced, fun & social working environment where you can truly make an impact with your work. We work hard at UNiDAYS, but we also believe in fair compensation for hard work. That's why we're pleased to offer all employees full access to our comprehensive benefits package. This includes:
- 25 days holiday per year increasing with length of service plus flexible bank holidays
- Competitive salaries
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company equity scheme
- Private health insurance
- Income protection policy
- Life assurance policy
- Enhanced parental leave pay
- 4pm finish on Fridays
- Free fruit, snacks, tea & proper coffee
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.