The role in a nutshell
This is a great opportunity for someone who has experience in looking for new business, delivering commercial targets, developing and fostering client relationships and pitching for proposals from brands who want to build an affinity with the Gen Z audience. Working with client direct & media agencies, this individual will work in tandem with the New Business Director to take-to-market UNiDAYS as the world’s number one Student AFFINITY Network; a new and unique platform for brands to connect with GenZ’s.
The opportunity to work for UNiDAYS on the emerging DACH market is very unique. You will play a crucial role in further establishing UNiDAYS’ presence in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
The successful applicant will gather first hand experience in the expansion of UNiDAYS into more markets and being a contributing factor in engineering the scalability of the business in those regions.
Day to day responsibilities
- Take the UNiDAYS proposition as the World’s number one Student AFFINITY Network to Brand Marketiers (client direct) and media agencies in DACH
- Increase and deliver brand awareness and USP of UNiDAYS to the DACH market
- Represent UNiDAYS on industry events (50% travel required within DACH region and UK)
- Be the eyes and ears of changes in the market, competitive landscape and within the member demographic
- Fulfill demand of the demographic by researching industry trends, demand and new brands
- Build and convert a pipeline from the ground up of new business opportunities
- Support the New Business Director DACH with new business opportunities
- Work towards your quarterly and annual sales target with the aim of overachieving it
- Sell a range of fixed fee and Affiliate solutions in addition to the Brand Partnership deals via client direct (performance marketing) and affiliate partners
- Effectively navigate and connect with all relevant partner stakeholders internally and externally, including but not limited to full marketing team, financial controllers and media/creative agencies
- Champion the DACH market internally whilst supporting other teams (marketing, commercial etc.) with your localised knowledge improving the platform, marketing communication and penetration of UNiDAYS in the markets
- Work closely with Customer Success to ensure smooth onboarding of new partnerships, contracts, ensuring we are delivering value to our partners and our members
- You will evaluate and measure your own performance and seek feedback for continuous improvement. You also commit to regular check-ins with your line manager and to be proactive in completing your quarterly, Mid-Year and End of Year reviews to ensure your manager has enough time to complete before the deadline.
What we need from you
- Ability to speak and write in German and English fluently and idiomatically
- Client facing new business sales experience in media sales/brand partnerships and in affiliate sales and marketing
- Proven experience selling digital advertising solutions and affiliate partnerships is highly advantageous
- A database of contacts across client direct and media agencies in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas
- Present and pitch to clients/media agencies
- Hunter mentality, go-getting attitude and plays to win!
- Consultative sales professional - quick wins count as much as long-term strategic sales
- Proactive, success driven work ethic
- Tenacious, confident, solutions focused, multitasker, articulate, agile, adaptivility
- Professional, entrepreneurial, strategic, autonomous
- Enjoys being challenged and working towards sales targets
- Networker & strong relationship builder
- Comfortable presenting and influencing at C-suite level
- Strong presenter and storyteller
- Willingness to go above and beyond to get the deal done
We've accomplished a lot since we started in 2011, but in many ways, this is just the beginning. This is the chance for you to get in on the ground zero. An opportunity to make a difference within business with global reach.
We offer a fast paced, fun & social working environment where you can truly make an impact with your work. We work hard at UNiDAYS, but we also believe in fair compensation for hard work. That's why we're pleased to offer all employees full access to our comprehensive benefits package. This includes:
- 25 days holiday per year increasing with length of service & flexible bank holidays
- Competitive salaries
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Income protection policy
- Life assurance policy
- 4pm finish on Fridays
- Free fruit, tea & coffee
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.