The role in a nutshell
The role presents an excellent opportunity for candidates to hold a senior position in an agile team of highly skilled developers and designers. You will be working closely with the Head of Member Engineering, Product Owner and UI/UX Designers as well as collaborating with the iOS development team to enrich our flagship platform by adding new features and optimising user journeys.
Passion is the most important quality you can have. You take pride in your work, and are driven to deliver great software. You push for positive change within yourself, the team, department and business. You understand the opportunities that the mobile space affords and are inspired by the almost endless possibilities that technology can offer for the future. You will have a vision of how technology can be applied within the App to add value and drive results for UNiDAYS.
Day to day responsibilities
- Maintain and improve coding standards across the team, taking part in code reviews for other developers
- Troubleshoot issues, fix bugs and improve application performance
- Fully participate in the relevant scrum events; planning and estimation, daily scrums, sprint reviews, and retrospectives
- Accept joint responsibilities with the team for converting the Product backlog into 'Done'
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship market leading app experiences for our users
- Owning the full Android app development lifecycle
- Collaborate with the Product Owner and team to deliver robust, secure, scalable, tested, and documented capabilities
- Create and execute unit tests on your code, to ensure its robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Providing technical foresight to the business on how changes to the Android platform will affect our products
- An eye for good UX and an ability to independently analyse our existing applications for potential new features and opportunities for platform improvements
- Lead, inspire and motivate team members
- Contribute to continuous improvements in the team resulting in greater efficiency, quality, and productivity
What we need from you
- Proven Senior Android development experience
- Experience with fast paced development methodologies
- Good working knowledge of great UI/UX for our users
- Strong understanding of interacting with Web APIs
- Demonstrated ability to integrate third party tools into solutions
- Excellent knowledge of Android SDK
- Strong understanding of Kotlin
- Strong understanding of the Android SDK from Android 5+
- Familiar with Reactive programming via RxJava
- Familiarity with MVVM or a similar MV* solution
- Experience with DI using Dagger2.
- Experience with testing, we use JUNIT, Espresso and Mockito
We've accomplished a lot since we started in 2011, but in many ways, this is just the beginning. This is the chance for you to get in on the ground zero. An opportunity to make a difference within business with global reach.
We offer a fast paced, fun & social working environment where you can truly make an impact with your work. We work hard at UNiDAYS, but we also believe in fair compensation for hard work. That's why we're pleased to offer all employees full access to our comprehensive benefits package. This includes:
- 25 days holiday per year increasing with length of service plus flexible bank holidays
- Competitive salaries
- Tram to work scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Income protection policy
- Life assurance policy
- 4pm finish on Fridays
- Free fruit, tea & coffee
- LOTS OF CAKE
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.