At UNiDAYS our overarching purpose and vision as an organisation, is to support, enable and inspire young people to become their best selves. We strive towards this vision, by pursuing our mission, to give students the power to make every experience more valuable and rewarding.
Since launching in 2011 we have scaled to 114 countries worldwide through our market leading and category defining Student Affinity Platform - to date we’re connecting 10m verified University students with over 600 global and national brands.
Through leading edge proprietary enrollment verification technology, enterprise solutions, closed network marketing channels and world class team we are a multi-award winning tech scale-up.
With offices in London, Sydney, New York and Nottingham and yet to raise external funding we are on a pathway to creating an enduring consumer internet platform connecting organisation and brands with this uniquely valuable audience at global scale.
We take a long-term view and are in the nascent stages of our growth trajectory so looking for a stage experienced Chief People Officer to partner with our CEO and Executive Team to lead our Talent and HR strategy.
About the role
This is a hugely exciting opportunity to take our category defining and market leading platform to the next level by creating and leading a People strategy that ensures we attract, develop and retain the Talent capable for future stages of growth.
As part of the global Executive Team you will be responsible for the full employee lifecycle, from hiring to succession management, development to promotions, performance management to workforce planning and rewards strategy.
You’re a visionary who is passionate about company building and scaling through great talent and a strong culture. You’re creative and strategic and you’ll build a best in class operation and influence and inspire the entire company. You’re looking for somewhere to do the best work of your career and positively impact hundreds of millions of young people.
You have a super curious approach with a bias for action that will enable you to thrive in an environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and honest conversations.
You’re not afraid to challenge, you excel at re-framing problems and understand that success in the role will involve people from across the business and you will bring them along with you on the journey.
Role and responsibilities
- Lead, mentor and develop the People team, covering HR Business Partnering, People Operations and Talent globally (current offices in the US, UK and Australia) developing a best in class approach to People
- Create, communicate and execute on a clear vision that aligns with Company strategy
- Be an advocate of contemporary People principles and best practices, be a voice for these across the business
- Work closely with the CEO, Executive team and senior management group
- Own and develop our global employer brand which stands true to our values, vision and mission
- Ensure People frameworks are being correctly applied and understood by teams
- Responsible for regional specific programmes and policies to ensure executional consistency across all offices
- Lead key strategic projects to drive success
- Be a culture cheerleader - we want this person to live, love and breathe the culture and inspire others to join the adventure
- Develop and champion an alumni employee strategy
- Provide thought leadership in staffing management, workforce, organisation and location planning, and strategic talent planning including budget controls, forecasting and delivery
- Define reward & benefits strategy across the whole reward cycle including bonus and equity scheme
Key skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience in a senior People leadership role with significant experience in a technology based scale-up, managing the full employee process within a dynamic and fast paced business
- Experience building and managing globally distributed teams and in talent development across multiple discipline areas and levels including leadership positions
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills and experience implementing innovative Talent acquisition solutions
- Comfortable and confident in attraction across all business departments and levels from technical, marketing, commercial, operations, creative to executive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to prioritise delivery and measure impact and share results with the organisation from analytics using qualitative and quantitative research
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.