We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are actively seeking an experienced Development Manager; a team player with excellent project management, organizational, and communication skills, and someone who is passionate about removing obstacles, solving problems, and making sure things get done.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with all degrees of ownership, from planning, through execution to delivery. The ideal candidate is excited to operate in a challenging and ambiguous environment, and it motivates them to drive quality results in line with team, schedule, and budget.
- Work with the 3rd party studio creating and validating project schedules that meet the requirements of the game team; discussing and creating consensus on project resource requirements, workflow, and milestones.
- Help maintain and improve game design documents as needed.
- Create and maintain the project roadmap with clear milestones.
- Drive alignment on milestones, expectations, scope, staffing needs, and timeline.
- Facilitate conversations, identify misalignments and develop risk mitigation plans to proactively identify challenges before they become an issue.
- Track the progress of the team’s deliverables and provide regular status reporting and capacity plan updates to achieve the projects’ objectives.
- Manage change request process by clearly communicating to project stakeholders the nature of the change request, the cost of changes, and the prioritization of the changes.
- Experience in video game production with 5+ years of experience or at least 2 shipped games through the entire life-cycle in a Development Manager or Producer role, ideally games-as-a-service.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills, with a mix of patience and goal orientation to navigate complex cultural, technology, and product requirements.
- Experience applying Agile, Kanban, Scrum, or Lean development processes and practices.
- Exceptional practical knowledge of product planning and execution, with a deep understanding of game development.
- Excellent hands-on change management skills, with proven experience embracing ambiguity and meeting commitments.
- Bilingual fluency in Korean and English.
- Game design experience
- Experience working with 3rd party or WFH studios
- Knowledge of blockchain and P2E a plus
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.