Mythical Inc. is looking for a Payroll Manager to manage the payroll process for our fast paced, growing company. This is an individual contributor role and prior experience managing a team isn’t required.
Mythical’s Accounting & Finance team ensures that the company succeeds in a competitive global market by working cross-functionally to keep the business running efficiently. The Accounting & Finance team includes Accounting, Tax, Financial Systems, Participations and FP&A. Together, team partners with leadership to provide insights, information, and guidance to make strategic and operational decisions.
Working closely with representatives from the People Team, and under the direction of the Accounting team, this person will be responsible for all payroll operations including validation and review of payroll, manage state registrations and tax filings to ensure compliance, and month end activities related to payroll. Prior experience with Netsuite and Paylocity integration is highly preferred but not required.
The Payroll Manager will be a key contributor for the transition from a PEO to in-house payroll management. This position requires comprehensive knowledge of payroll, payroll tax, and process implementation. This is a unique opportunity to drive and scale the payroll and payroll tax function in a high growth environment.
- Implementation, maintenance, and review of payroll processing system with Paylocity to ensure timely and accurate processing of semi-monthly payroll
- Collaborate with the accounting team with Netsuite and Paylocity integration
- Perform monthly reconciliation of payroll records by department and provide reporting
- Partner with other departments to optimize Paylocity functionality and strive to maximize efficiency through automation and better integration
- Manage and track payroll tax notices with Paylocity and aid in resolution of the notices
- Work with Paylocity to process off-cycle payroll for special situations such as termination, spot-bonus payments, etc.
- Complete state filings and registrations as needed (i.e., UI and ER)
- Assist employees with questions regarding their individual payroll tax situations
- Provide reporting to HR and Finance as needed
- Assist with other payroll related special projects
- 5+ years of payroll tax experience working with payroll providers such as Paylocity, ADP, etc. Start up experience is a plus.
- Deep understanding of various state withholding considerations, especially as it relates to remote work, employee relocation, and interstate travel
- Strong communication skills and ability to work independently with other departments
- Ability to thrive in a high growth environment with large projected increase in headcount
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.