Senior Software Engineer - SRE
We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
Our Site Reliability Engineering team is looking for a talented and driven Senior Software Engineer to work with our awesome team based out of multiple offices. The engineer in this role has a Backend application development background with a DevOps mindset.
The right candidate for this job (is):
- An experienced engineer who has been heavily involved in the implementation of containerized microservice applications running in the cloud
- Passionate about distributed systems and working with highly scalable applications
- Enjoys new technological challenges and is motivated to solve them
- Smart, highly motivated, self-starter who thrives in a bottom-up, fast-paced, highly technical environment
- Effective collaborator, experienced in creating technical partnerships across teams
- An unwavering passion for meeting demands and delivering an epic customer experience
This role requires solid experience in scalable application design, cloud computing environments, and hands-on technical skills. This position is expected to:
- Help to ensure high-availability, performance, and scalability of APIs and backend services running across multiple regions
- Work with developers and QA to implement advanced deployment strategies (such as blue/green) to support zero-downtime releases and maintenance
- Design and perform load tests to prove application scalability and proactively find bottlenecks
- Collaborate with the development and operations teams to design the infrastructure required for deploying scalable and reliable applications
- Ensure applications are properly instrumented to expose useful metrics for monitoring and proactive alerting
- Regularly review existing applications for opportunities to improve performance, reduce costs and improve security
- Participate in an on-call rotation to ensure the success of uptime-critical applications
- 5+ years experience as a Backend, DevOps, Site Reliability or another devops-focused engineering role
- Experience running a production application on Kubernetes
- Prior experience in distributed microservice applications, with an emphasis on gRPC for communication between services
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one language such as Kotlin, Java, Elixir, .Net, GoLang or Rust
- Experience with monitoring systems such as NewRelic, Prometheus, InfluxDB, StatsD, Telegraf.
- Working knowledge of relational DBMS such as Postgres and MySQL in regard to optimal schema design and queries
- Experience with CI\CD orchestration tools such as GitHub Actions, CircleCI, Jenkins etc...
- Experience with Load Testing and frameworks such as Gatling
- Understanding of Distributed SQL databases such as CockroachDB, Cassandra or Spanner with the ability to analyze expensive queries and recommend improvements
- Deep knowledge of JVM performance tuning
- Experience using ElasticSearch for a public search API