We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are currently looking for a Director, Business Development to join our growing Business Development team. This position will report to our Senior Vice President of Blockchain and will be responsible for leading, driving, and providing support on BD initiatives focused on blockchain.
- Your primary focus is to drive net new revenue through key blockchain / crypto partnerships spanning guilds, marketplaces, market makers, exchanges, wallets, and other new emerging growth opportunities.
- You will define the value proposition and drive the strategic vision and tactical execution for each of your partner categories from initial partner engagement to go-to-market launch.
- You will build strong collaborative relationships with Game PM, Platform PM, and Product Marketing teams to support and execute successful go-to-market initiatives for your partnerships.
- The role will require strong communication across multiple teams and someone who is proactive and comfortable navigating through the innovative and often-ambiguous edge of blockchain.
- Build the pipeline and process for tight collaboration with key internal stakeholders to ensure advocacy for partner requirements as well as internal needs.
- Prospect and identify partners that are a good potential fit and proactively network to capitalize on opportunities.
- Develop a keen understanding of blockchain trends and opportunities. Provide deep analysis of trends that will help us anticipate emerging opportunities.
- 8+ years of business development experience in the blockchain, finance, and/or ecommerce industry
- Advanced understanding of blockchain, DAOs, NFTs, DeFi, AMMs, and other emerging trends.
- Ability to align a diverse group of internal and external customers with conflicting priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Leadership ability with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve
- Ability to work remotely
- Results oriented
Nice to Haves:
- Passion for games
- Experience in both large companies and startups
Our team values diversity and believe that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.