We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are actively seeking an experienced Development Manager; a team player with excellent project management, organizational, and communication skills, and someone who is passionate about removing obstacles, solving problems, and making sure things get done.
Being accountable to the Executive Producer and being part of the project's core leadership team, the Development Manager owns the project management and the operational model of the project. In collaboration with a wide variety of internal and external partners, you are responsible for helping Mythical deliver great experiences and features to our players.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with all degrees of ownership, from planning, through execution to delivery. The ideal candidate is excited to operate in a challenging and ambiguous environment, and it motivates them to drive quality results in line with team, schedule, and budget.
- Creating and validating project schedules that meet the requirements of the game team; discussing and creating consensus on project resource requirements, workflow, and milestones.
- Help maintain and improve the work systems used throughout the project and how multi-team work is coordinated.
- Create and maintain the project roadmap with clear milestones.
- Drive alignment on milestones, expectations, scope, staffing needs, and timeline.
- Facilitate conversations, identify misalignments and develop risk mitigation plans to proactively identify challenges before they become an issue.
- Track the progress of the team’s deliverables and provide regular status reporting and capacity plan updates to achieve the projects’ objectives.
- Manage change request process by clearly communicating to project stakeholders the nature of the change request, the cost of changes, and the prioritization of the changes.
- Ensure optimal team health, culture, and efficiency
- Experience in video game production with at least 1 shipped game through the entire life-cycle in a Development Manager or Producer role, ideally games-as-a-service.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills, with a mix of patience and goal orientation to navigate complex cultural, technology, and product requirements.
- Experience applying Agile, Kanban, Scrum, or Lean development processes and practices.
- Demonstrated history of building deep and meaningful relationships; others enjoy working with and for you.
- Exceptional practical knowledge of product planning and execution, with a deep understanding of game development.
- Excellent hands-on change management skills, with proven experience embracing ambiguity and meeting commitments.
- Deep spirit of perseverance, ability to guide teams, and dedication to seeing challenges through to their end.
- Project Management or Agile certification
- Experience in distributed development is a big plus
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Tools agnostic and human-centric mindset.
- An emphatic passion for managing creative teams.
- Demonstrated experience as a project manager working in game development
- Experience managing internal and external teams.
- You have many conflict resolution tools in your tool belt.
- Excellent and persuasive communication skills; comfortable communicating across all levels of an organization
- Confidence and conviction; you take ownership and always know the status of your projects, and are ready to produce a visual status update for any audience.
- A strong understanding of the complexities and requirements of game production and how to manage them.
- A bias for action and experience with predicting issues before they come up.
- Passion for building teams and a great culture, fueled by empathy.
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com. We will be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.